WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody and greetings from Moscow, Russia.

I've just recieved a second-hand ORBITA Casetta winder from US.
The issue is as follows - it makes several turns, but eventually the rubber belt goes out of the large weel and the winder gets stuck. :blink:
I'm quite disappointed cause wanted to leave my Zenith on it while going to 2 week vacation, but now I see it's unreliable...
Any suggestions would be welcome!.

Also it doesn't have any sign of switch for 10/15 min interval choice. Could it be the older version??

Regards,
Ivan

·
Forum Sponsor
296 Posts
Hi everybody and greetings from Moscow, Russia.

I've just recieved a second-hand ORBITA Casetta winder from US.
The issue is as follows - it makes several turns, but eventually the rubber belt goes out of the large weel and the winder gets stuck. :blink:
I'm quite disappointed cause wanted to leave my Zenith on it while going to 2 week vacation, but now I see it's unreliable...
Any suggestions would be welcome!.

Also it doesn't have any sign of switch for 10/15 min interval choice. Could it be the older version??

Regards,
Ivan
Hi Ivan,

I am sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your Orbita. There might be an easy solution you can try. It sounds like you are familiar with removing the back plate and re-attaching the belt. The most important thing to check is the motor alignment. Both the motor pulley and lower pulley should be exactly inline with each other. Sometimes you can move the motor in or out when re-attaching the belt throwing off the alignment. Re-attach the belt and then pull or push the motor pulley to adjust the alignment. Once both pulleys are aligned you should be all set. Hope this helps and you are able to keep your Zenith winding trouble free.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin, thanks for the answer! I also got the similar advice from Cheryl.

I'm just back from vacation... Pushing the motor in-place solved the problem!

I wonder how could it come out so much. Maybe during transit..
It doesn't supposed to do so during normal use, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts