WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can't find a retail price for it anywhere on the net. I'd bet the farm that even new it was no where near $4500.00. ShopNBC had several Meteorite dial watches for sale, and diamond watches, nicer models and not over $1500-$3000.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh thats nothing new CH, Ive seen some idiots post full retail prices on a variety of Invicta, Deep Blue and other brands. I simply cant figure the rational of some people. I guess they think if they price it so ridiculously high anything they get under that number, they will be that much ahead I guess. If anyone would be that stupid that is. As it was once said by a car salesman. "There is an azz for every seat"

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it. Actually, the inflated MSRP doesn't shock me one bit. If I understand the reasoning correctly, it's so that retailers can advertise forty, fifty, sixty per cent mark-downs and still make a nice profit.

What got me was all those gemstones...on a budget class watch.
Sorta like buying a Nissan Versa and fitting it out with solid gold hubcaps and door handles. :confused1:

Reactions: Reacher

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you go to deep blue fleet admiral there's a person selling 2 watches with back to back limited numbers and the price a cool $2999.00. I can buy 2 on sale at value pay network for $700.

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
$3 k?:scared: Is that with or without an autographed 8 X 10 color glossy photograph of Eyal? :lol:

Reactions: a1watch

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's an old school Invicta chronometer with sapphire crystals, the meteorite dial and the gemstones bezel.

It's actually not a bad watch, and I believe that the Shop was selling it in the $2K range several years back.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you go to deep blue fleet admiral there's a person selling 2 watches with back to back limited numbers and the price a cool $2999.00. I can buy 2 on sale at value pay network for $700.
You know what, I saw that same ad for the Fleet Admirals. I own one of the all stainless steel models and I love the watch, I bought mine with a discount code and paid under $400 for it. I just had to leave that fool a message though. Couldnt help myself. He didn't respond either. But I asked him where in the world did he come up with a number like that on a $400 watch? And I could care less if he had em in 20 sequential numbers. I just told him it was an asinine thing to do and said "good luck" you'll never sell one let alone two of em. :T:T:T

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, I wouldnt call it completly "budget class"
It is a COSC Certified piece as well. Thats something, but not 4k worth.

I wouldn't doubt it. Actually, the inflated MSRP doesn't shock me one bit. If I understand the reasoning correctly, it's so that retailers can advertise forty, fifty, sixty per cent mark-downs and still make a nice profit.

What got me was all those gemstones...on a budget class watch.
Sorta like buying a Nissan Versa and fitting it out with solid gold hubcaps and door handles. :confused1:

·
Super Moderator
16,571 Posts
... I just told him it was an asinine thing to do and said "good luck" you'll never sell one let alone two of em. :T:T:T
I think a lot of us have done that a time or two (myself included).

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's an old school Invicta chronometer with sapphire crystals, the meteorite dial and the gemstones bezel.

It's actually not a bad watch, and I believe that the Shop was selling it in the $2K range several years back.
Every watch company does the same s***. Inflated Retail Price.

I'll have it for the right price.:thumbup1:

If that had a badge that said ROLEX, the price will be $20,000. And the people that buy it is not a dumb nut?:laugh:

Wish Invicta continue making watches like that. Chronometer grade movement, genuine stones and top QC.

I'm actually watching that watch. I've made an offer to buy it at $2K.:cool1:

P.S Thks to the OP for the recommendation.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree that the Invicta chronometers were very nice watches for the money- and they were much more competitively priced than other swiss chronometer brands.

To this day my black sun ray dial Invicta COSC Reserve Pro Diver is my everyday work watch- and it gets mistaken for a Rolex Deep Quest. Ha ha ha.

I also have the SAN III COSC which is my favorite of all of the SAN lines produced to date becuase it is the only SAN chronometer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.