WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more arived today. Invicta Ocean Ghost Ceramic & Tungsten Bracelet Watch Mod 3410

Just received this today. Made in 2007. I simply love this Ocean Ghost, SW200 auto, Sapphire Crystal and caseback and the Tungsten bracelet and Ceramic bezel. I dont have to worry as much about being a klutz with this one. Tungsten is brittle and can break but as far as simple scratches goes, its a winner in that department its scratch resistant to a degree. The decorated movement and rotor was a nice touch as well.

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
86 Posts
:) Congrats! A nice watch. I did not know about the ceramic bezel...I bet you will never get a scratch in that one. The date magnifier is great as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice watch!! Where did you get it? How much :) ?

The only place Ive seen any of this series is on Ebay and they are a different color. They are selling from $450 to $600 if your lucky enough to find a new one that is. This is an original Ocean Ghost from 2007. They made a new one recently with a quartz movement in it and one other older model that came out after this one and it was a quartz as well. The automatics are rare. I picked this up in a trade. I didnt think the guy would part with it. He bought it new and it had not been worn but a few times. The plastic was still on the case back and on the clasp. I just got lucky, thats about it. I know I wont let go of it, cuz you sure wont find one like it anywhere right now (black center links and platinum colored ceramic bezel).

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like your last post stated only place to now find them usually is on ebay and they even have some none automatic ones. The ocean ghost was an automatic with the sw200 movement, solid end links, sapphire crystals both front and back and had the ceramic/tungsten band. I love the look of the ocean ghosts along with the color of the ceramic/tungsten band. But 1 thing boy are they heavy. But the weight is a sacrifice for the durability of the band is even better. If it was for the clasp on the bottom then the watch wouldn't ever look like they have been worn. I love the look so much I own 2 of them. I had wanted the 4164 which is the same band with the black mother of pearl face and only place I was able to find it was on ebay. The seller wanted $730.00 for it and I didn't have the extra money along with the fact I didn't need another watch. So I wrote it off as one of my "Grail" watches and said oh well guess I will never own that watch. And then I came across the a brand new 3910 which has the orange face. And in a way I was settling cause it wasn't the color face I wanted, but it had the tungsten/ceramic band and I liked the durability of the materials. So I placed the bid and then forgot about it and low ad behold i get the "you won" ebay email. So for the price and it was a brand new watch made it an even better watch. At first I wasn't sold on it, but then it grew on me. But then I would always keep looking for the 4164 and low and behold I found 1. The black mother of pearl is amazing and really stands out on this watch.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like your last post stated only place to now find them usually is on ebay and they even have some none automatic ones. The ocean ghost was an automatic with the sw200 movement, solid end links, sapphire crystals both front and back and had the ceramic/tungsten band. I love the look of the ocean ghosts along with the color of the ceramic/tungsten band. But 1 thing boy are they heavy. But the weight is a sacrifice for the durability of the band is even better. If it was for the clasp on the bottom then the watch wouldn't ever look like they have been worn. I love the look so much I own 2 of them. I had wanted the 4164 which is the same band with the black mother of pearl face and only place I was able to find it was on ebay. The seller wanted $730.00 for it and I didn't have the extra money along with the fact I didn't need another watch. So I wrote it off as one of my "Grail" watches and said oh well guess I will never own that watch. And then I came across the a brand new 3910 which has the orange face. And in a way I was settling cause it wasn't the color face I wanted, but it had the tungsten/ceramic band and I liked the durability of the materials. So I placed the bid and then forgot about it and low ad behold i get the "you won" ebay email. So for the price and it was a brand new watch made it an even better watch. At first I wasn't sold on it, but then it grew on me. But then I would always keep looking for the 4164 and low and behold I found 1. The black mother of pearl is amazing and really stands out on this watch.
The watch is pretty hefty, thats for sure. I dont mind that at all. The way the bracelet and clasp shine like a mirror is incredible. The whole watch is shiny except for the dial. It isn't as heavy as several of my other watches so it wasn't much of a sacrifice. My SAN II 2873 and the two Reserve Pro Divers with the 7750 Valjoux movements are even heavier, so Im used to it really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts