WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get my hands on as many Hamiltons as I can afford........and this is the latest .......it for sure needs a new crystal.....and I have yet to see how well it runs as the first thing I did after I took incoming photos, was to remove the nasty band that was on it .....

and I have just finished traisping through the catalogs looking to see what model it is .....and I think......it's a K-419 from 1961.......it is very hard to tell a real watch from a drawing ...so I am hoping if I am off the mark that someone will steer me right .....

I do quite like the 2 toned dial ....., and while it's not in the greatest condition, from the type it is ...it's gonna stay the way it is .....the texture looks to be a costly redial.....perhaps a new crystal will make a big difference ......

this was taken after I thought I cleaned it really well.......wrong ......

but here's where I started .....

and this is after at least an hour of cramping my fingers

I was gonna show a couple more ....but the bucket is being recalcitrant ......so fooey on 'em .......

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's not a K-419 - yours has numerals and the 419 doesn't. I'm pretty sure I have a K-419, and the outer dial is the same color as the inner but is textured. These line drawing catalogs are a pain, aren't they?

I think you've got an Accumatic A-650, which also appears in the 1961 catalog (page 18). Love the texture on that dial - I hope it just needs a new crystal!

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
That's not a K-419 - yours has numerals and the 419 doesn't. I'm pretty sure I have a K-419, and the outer dial is the same color as the inner but is textured. These line drawing catalogs are a pain, aren't they?

I think you've got an Accumatic A-650, which also appears in the 1961 catalog (page 18). Love the texture on that dial - I hope it just needs a new crystal!
Dave - I think the catalog Padawan has just identified herself......

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

The dial looks like an A-650 but the case does not. What is the case material? If it's 10k gold filled, it could be a 400-series case. If it's 10k RGP, it could be a 600-series case. Although it looks to me more like an Accumatic IX case.

Dave - I think the catalog Padawan has just identified herself......
That's perfect cause I'm spending my free time sorting out the reference pages.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep those line drawings are certainly a pain .....however, they are better than nothing ....and at least you can get in the ball park....as far as the years it could have een made ....

yah mine has lines going around the tickes and numbers and they are most assuredly gold in color, and ( but not nice and smooth the way a similar watch is ..the one with roman numerals ) ....and there's those lined running vertiaclly through the center of the dial ....

the case is 10k gold filled and there's a big J with an arrow going through the top of it ......and it's very stylized......the watch in in fair to almost good condtion at best .....but it does run like a trooper....put a new band on it and have been wearing it for 2 days and it has gained a minute in about 28 hours .......

I have just become such a Hamilton groupie that when I get my hands on some money, I would rather but a Hamilton than any other brand .......

oh sure Bulova's can still catch my eye, ......but a really good looking and condition Bulova will cost the same as medium Hamilton ....and I think Hamilton is a better watch ......

I have a real hard time telling anything but the truth ....so when I am talking to customers......I am always gonna favor the Hamiltons ....so it will be good to have some that are more affordable if not quite so pristine......so that everyone can afford a Hammy if they can afford a decent vintage watch .....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts