WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was looking out to buy one of these extremely rare watches for a long time, and as luck has it recently a collector was getting ridding of TWO of these beauties. So I promptly paid up :)

But one of them is not working and the one which is working has a couple LED's that are not functional. I would like to get them completely fixed, does anybody know a good watchmaker who can work with these watches here in southern california?

If it is a reputable person, I am willing to ship them too, but considering the rarity of these watches, I would prefer someone local.

Thanks

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I would like to get them completely fixed, does anybody know a good watchmaker who can work with these watches here in southern california?
Yes, we do. Some of us have had work done at...

HOLD IT!!! :scared:

No pictures? I'm pretty sure we are contractually obligated to ignore any thread asking for our help that doesn't at least offer a decent shot of the watch in question. Let me check my paperwork.

............. (cue theme for Jeopardy) ..................

....................................................................................................................

Yep, it seems that we need pictures.

Sorry!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure thing !

I just bought them yesterday, did not get time to take any pictures yet. Will post sometime today.

Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, we do. Some of us have had work done at...

HOLD IT!!! :scared:

No pictures? I'm pretty sure we are contractually obligated to ignore any thread asking for our help that doesn't at least offer a decent shot of the watch in question. Let me check my paperwork.

............. (cue theme for Jeopardy) ..................

....................................................................................................................

Yep, it seems that we need pictures.

Sorry!
Finally got some time to take a few crude pictures,

Here are the two watches I bought

The right watch is working with all the functions, and the left one is dead. Few LEDs on the functioning watch are off, like you see in the second picture, the number is a "22" see how one row is off? Those are the LED's missing

Here are some more pictures of the watch, it is beautiful (in such a nerdy way !) the magnet used to set the time is still intact inside the band. It is in great shape

.... this other watch does not function at all, the band on this second watch is not original. So it is not as awesome as the first one :) This crystal does not have the Omega symbol, does that mean that it might have been a replacement sometime?

I would like to send them to a reliable watchmaker, who can fix the missing LED's on the first one, and bring the other one back to life, any suggestions and comments are much appreciated.

RV

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much,

I called Dalton, and I will be meeting him next week. I will keep you posted on how this goes.

Thanks again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately Dalton Toledo option did not work, These LED watches seem to be requiring a very specific expertise.

I am still looking to get them fixed. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts