WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to Omega watches. Heck new to watches period.

I inherited a Omega Speedmaster Proffesional. I have a bunch of questions.

I believe it to be a pre moon watch. Am i right in thinking the 65 is the date of manufacture?

I found the s105-012-65 by removing the back. There is some hand engraving that appears to be 10843 or I0843. Does this mean anything.

Removing the next cover displays the number 321 and 22827471. Does that mean movement 321 and serial number 22827471?

Finally the watch keeps good time but the second hand and the buttons on the side do not appear to be working. Approximately how much does it cost to fix this and where would I start to research a place to get it repaired? I live in Nashville Tn if that makes any difference.

Finally the watch appears to be in good condition other than the bezel?? that reads Tachymeter appears to have significant wear on it washing out the Tachymeter part mostly. What significance does the . over the 90 on bezel mean? I saw one on Ebay that had that designation

Final question is once its properly repaired and in correct working order what would its value be?

ANYTHING you can tell me about this watch would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you may get a better response to your questions if you were able to upload some pics that are in focus:blush:

You are asking a lot of detail and thats almost impossible given the evidence provided.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Welcome. Yes, 1965 is the date the serial number of 22,xxx,xxx corresponds to and the movement is a caliber 321. Don't replace the bezel as a worn original is MUCH more valuable than a replacement. Nice heirloom! :thumbup1: Don't wind it until you have it serviced so you don't damage the internals from lack of lubrication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.