WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just purchased new an Omega Speedmaster Professional (moonwatch)
After timing it over a few weeks I have found it to be gaining 16 seconds in 24 hours
Is the normal for this watch
The watch is under two years warranty

·
Registered
648 Posts
5 Seconds a day is dreamed acceptable, can't remember the specs for an Omega but this is certainly what's expected from Rolex. I have a Speedy and my time keeping is spot on therefore I think your watch is excessively fast.

For the money I wouldn't want a watch that gains 1 minute every 3 days. Take it back and get a replacement.

Regards

J

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
It's not a chronometer certified movement so it can be within 20 or 30 seconds a day IIRC. You can have it regulated by a watchmaker to within a handful of seconds per day if it bothers you, but mechanical movements are not going to be as accurate as quartz ones.

However, we don't believe that you own a Speedmaster because you haven't posted a picture in this thread. The internet rule is "no pictures = didn't happen" so show us your new Speedy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,
I have just purchased new an Omega Speedmaster Professional (moonwatch)
After timing it over a few weeks I have found it to be gaining 16 seconds in 24 hours
Is the normal for this watch
The watch is under two years warranty

i assume you are 'self' hacking the watch? the moonwatch is non-hacking so unless you manage to 'hold' the seconds hand at zero it would be impossible to get an accurate reading

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.