WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing my very first Omega watch (first actual watch for that matter) and was wondering if you can help me decide between these two Omega watches (Omega Speedmaster Day-Date (3220.50.00) vs. Omega Planet Ocean (222.30.42.20.01.001)). If there are any other watches you would like to suggest (which have the similar style and price range), please feel free to share.

Speedmaster - Day-Date (OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster Day-Date - Steel on steel - 3220.50.00)
Planet Ocean (OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Planet Ocean - Steel on steel - 222.30.42.20.01.001)

Any advice or experiences with any of the watches would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
toc-tic

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Out of these 2, I would suggest the Speedmaster because of 2 reasons mainly
1. I really like the design of the speedy, it is a classic
2. I doesn't have the 2500 co-axial. I don't know the status of the current series/batch of 2500 movements, but in the past, they have stopped abruptly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It all depends because they are 2 completely different designs 1 is a chronogragh the other a 3 hand auto i would compare the Speedmaster day- date to the New Seamaster P.O chronogragh with 9300 co-axial movement you get the best of both worlds right there

Peace ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
As mentioned these are two completely different watches the Planet Ocean has a sporty, heavy quality feel be careful as it can look to big for your wrist if you go for the 45mm XL piece. I've had mine for over a year now and not had any problems with it stopping suddenly ??.
The Triple date is more of a dress watch, elegant looking. Not as big or as heavy as the PO. The only problem I found was if left for just weekend wear, setting the day, date and month got a little tedious.
Its a tough choice but a nice position to be in. Whichever you choose you'll not be dissapointed :thumbup1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts