WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

long story short, I found a Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m GMT (232.32.44.22.01.002) from a dealer I am interested in, with a decent price. The dealer advertises the watch as new (and it looks like it) on Chrono24. As I don't like to buy online without seeing, I picked a dealer which is around the corner, so I went to see the watch, the papers, the box and everything else seems to be in order,

but,

The warranty card has a date in 2022 written on it, which I kind of don't believe as this particular model was produced between 2014 and 2016.

When I asked he told me that, the date was already on the card and he doesn't know.

My question now: I would consider that a red flag, am I right or is there an explanation I am simply not aware of?

Appreciate your advice

Thank you and enjoy your day

· Administrator
8,055 Posts
From my understanding, the dealer is supposed to fill in the date when the watch is sold which then sets a starting date for the 5 yr warranty. Possibly they thought they had it sold and filled in the date, possibly someone did something they shouldn't have. Maybe someone else here has a better explanation.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding, the dealer is supposed to fill in the date when the watch is sold which then sets a starting date for the 5 yr warranty. Possibly they thought they had it sold and filled in the date, possibly someone did something they shouldn't have. Maybe someone else here has a better explanation.
Thank you, much appreciated

· Registered
1 Posts
Is your dealer an authorized Omega AD?

I feel your dealer is just a wholesaler, chances are his customer back off that why he is left with a watch with a backdated date on the warranty card.

In my country, there are a couples of watch wholesalers and 2nd hand watch dealers that give very good offer compare to Omega listed Retail price, you just need to walk in, place an order and put a deposit, usually within 14 days, they will give you a call to pick up the watch, with an invoiced issued under the wholesaler.

However, the date on the warranty card will not be dated on the date you collected your watch, it will be backdated a few days earlier and the dealer company stamped on the warrant card maybe is a AD from oversea. (that's why I think his customer back off that why there is a date on the warranty card)

You just need to check the company stamped on the warranty card is an Omega AD.

Omega will acknowledge the 5 years international warranty as long as the warranty card have the authorized AD stamped with the date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.