WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time post…
I’ve recently inherited the below watch, it’s in perfect working order. I have no idea about watches so I’m just wondering if it a genuine Omega watch and a rough valuation for the watch…
Any advise whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ross

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
hi there. That is a nice valuable Omega Seamaster 300 English Royal Navy military issue. That 'T' on the dial means 'Tritium' was used for dial lume. From the code on the back it was issued in 1970. I've seen a couple of them (in mint condition) with an asking price in the low 6 figures and a couple of lesser condition ones selling in the $65k USD range. Based on visible condition alone this one wont meet that value but it is still well into the 5 figure area. Value will be helped if you have any provenance to go with the watch. Congrats! That is a real keepsake!

·
Super Moderator
15,933 Posts
Ross, it's REALLY difficult to authenticate a watch soley by photographis visualization. An actual physical examination is surely warranted. Having said that, we have no reason to suspect it's a counterfeit.
And had you read our Rules of Conduct, wou would have seen that WTF does not do evaluations. Had you bothered to check eBay's advanced search for sold and completed auctions, you would have seen a Seamaster 300T recently sold for just over $1,600.00

·
Super Moderator
6,077 Posts
Ross, it's REALLY difficult to authenticate a watch soley by photographis visualization. An actual physical examination is surely warranted. Having said that, we have no reason to suspect it's a counterfeit.
And had you read our Rules of Conduct, wou would have seen that WTF does not do evaluations. Had you bothered to check eBay's advanced search for sold and completed auctions, you would have seen a Seamaster 300T recently sold for just over $1,600.00
Do you have a link to that military version that sold for just over $1600. on eBay?? I've never seen one even close to that price....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you have a link to that military version that sold for just over $1600. on eBay?? I've never seen one even close to that price....
Hi,
I’ve just had my time piece valued and it’s came back at between $35,000 & $55,000. This was valued by Phillips Auction in NYC.
The bidder on eBay must have got a real bargain 😉

·
Super Moderator
15,933 Posts
I'd like to be the first at WTF to offer heartfelt congratulations on your successful appraisal.
You have a glorious inherited heirloom, and we have a great authenticated model to add to our photo library of Omega
models (should such an archive exist somewhere).
Thanks for the good news, and thanks for sharing with us. Relatively few new members are ever considerate enough to come back and let us in on the final outcome of such adventures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd like to be the first at WTF to offer heartfelt congratulations on your successful appraisal.
You have a glorious inherited heirloom, and we have a great authenticated model to add to our photo library of Omega
models (should such an archive exist somewhere).
Thanks for the good news, and thanks for sharing with us. Relatively few new members are ever considerate enough to come back and let us in on the final outcome of such adventures.
Hi,
Yes, it’s been a whirlwind few days, never ever thought that this time piece would carry such a value. I am a complete watch novice but this piece has opened my eyes up to the watch world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts