WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karen Walker is an International fashion designer. Her work has been worn by the likes of Claudia Schiffer, Claire Danes, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Lopez, Juliette Lewis, Madonna, Maria Sharapova and Sienna Miller to name but a few.

Her article in a NZ publication and site is definitely heartening for a Speedy fan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=42&objectid=10464731

Yes, I know, I know, it was Buzz, not Neil who wore a Speedy on the moon in since as we know here pals, that Neil Armstrong's Speedy was left on board the LM because the Bulova broke.....

Man, reading the joyful experiences of others makes me so proud and happy to have my Speedy.

Y'all have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice article...

Glimmer
Karen Walker is an International fashion designer. Her work has been worn by the likes of Claudia Schiffer, Claire Danes, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Lopez, Juliette Lewis, Madonna, Maria Sharapova and Sienna Miller to name but a few.

Her article in a NZ publication and site is definitely heartening for a Speedy fan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=42&objectid=10464731

Yes, I know, I know, it was Buzz, not Neil who wore a Speedy on the moon in since as we know here pals, that Neil Armstrong's Speedy was left on board the LM because the Bulova broke.....

Man, reading the joyful experiences of others makes me so proud and happy to have my Speedy.

Y'all have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Another top find on the ether Zin. Well done.:thumbup1:

This is further vindication, if required, to all us Speedy lovers. Man, I need to get another one of these in to my collection.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Bestest watch I ever bought my friend.

Never gonna give this one up.

Again, be well now

ZIN
My excuse is that I sold mine two years after buying it for exactly what I paid for it. I'm kind of kicking myself now because I would have to splash out another £425 extra to own another one.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing that struck me, well a little. We've all seen big watches worn by ladies before and the Speedy Pro certainly wasn't a watch I had expected to see on the wrist of a lady. An X2 Big Date or Red Square perhaps but it just goes to show that Karen Walker has put a lot of thought into this watch which is highlighted by what she says about her Speedy Pro. It's not fashion or prestige that enthusiasts buy Omegas, it's really is more about the watch, its' design, history, achievements, what it does.

Y'all have a nice day pals

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Man, I need to get another one of these in to my collection.

I'd be happy with just one :001_smile:

p.s. have you got settled in Lincoln yet? I meant to let you know that there was an auction in Brigg yesterday that had some vintage gold Seamasters
and some De Villes on offer. All looking for a price about £200 give or take £50. I would have gone but I had to go to my son's Christmas concert instead.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'd be happy with just one :001_smile:

p.s. have you got settled in Lincoln yet? I meant to let you know that there was an auction in Brigg yesterday that had some vintage gold Seamasters
and some De Villes on offer. All looking for a price about £200 give or take £50. I would have gone but I had to go to my son's Christmas concert instead.
Hi Fergie,

When I said that I should get another Moon Watch in my collection I meant that I had one and sold it a few years back to fund another watch purchase (it had a crown on it. Don't tell Zin:biggrin:). It was worth it at the time but I do miss having one. I nearly bought a 50th anniversary patch speedy recently but I couldn't get any discount on it. I ended up buying a BBB instead (don't tell Zin:biggrin:) because I was offered nearly 20% off.

We are now settled in Lincoln, thanks for asking. We are living out in Sticksville and loving it. It's about time we started discussing this North UK WTF GTG again.

It's a shame about us missing the auction at Brigg. I wouldn't have minded going to that. Will there be others in the near future?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you say it was worth it at that time Rick?

Well I imagine you've now seen the light ;)

Hey..... I even looked at one. Now I just think... what a scam - my 2c.

Be well pal and your reunion with a Speedy will come soon I'm sure.

ZIN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.