WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’ve just purchased my first vintage OMEGA with a 131.250 model with a cal.601 movement
I’m trying to see what I can do to get it to it’s best without compromising the integrity. I’ve ordered a buckle that will match the year (plated), but am thinking maybe restoring or replacing the dial.
what are peoples thoughts/advise on this?
It looks ok but if I can make it better I’d like to.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Personally i would leave the dial alone but that's an individual choice. You can always watch eBay etc for a dial that is in better condition and they are relatively easy to change out. As for the strap, my choice would be something with a bit of pattern in it rather than a plain strap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally i would leave the dial alone but that's an individual choice. You can always watch eBay etc for a dial that is in better condition and they are relatively easy to change out. As for the strap, my choice would be something with a bit of pattern in it rather than a plain strap.
I am completely on the same page with the strap and have one coming.
now I’ve seen the watch in the flesh (arrived today) it doesn’t look nearly as bad as I thought. I can’t actually find one in better condition on eBay anyway. I think I feel better about keeping the watch as original as I can. In the service they replaced glass and crown which I hear is pretty much a given for watches this old 🤷‍♂️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts