WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice on a watch I have bought please.
The watch in question was bought from eBay and needed the plexi glass repolishing so I took it to my local watchmaker and asked him to check what calibre the watch is. I now know I should have asked him to take note of the ref numbers inside so I could find out more about the watch (rookie mistake).
He has told me he has worked on this type of watch before and the watch is authentic.

The guy has told me it is a 562 calibre, but I have noticed you change the date by pumping the winder in & out is that correct for this watch??

I will post a picture when I figure out how to do'it.

Many thanks for looking.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Hi Nori. Welcome to Watch Talk Forums.

No, that feature was not available on a 562. The pull/push date change was offered on the 564 and 565. Either the guy was mistaken, or the movement is cobbled together since nearly all 56x parts are interchangeable. It might be a 565 with a bridge labelled 562.

ps - the "winder" is called a crown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Nori. Welcome to Watch Talk Forums.

No, that feature was not available on a 562. The pull/push date change was offered on the 564 and 565. Either the guy was mistaken, or the movement is cobbled together since nearly all 56x parts are interchangeable. It might be a 565 with a bridge labelled 562.

ps - the "winder" is called a crown.
Thanks for getting back to me, bit gutted though!
The guy I bought it off assured me everything was ok he even drew attention to omega sign in the plexi glass too trusting:sad:

Does all this mean that if it is cobbled together it has no value either?
Thanks for the heads up on the crown expensive first lesson.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.