WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i read some previous posts on the omega deville jumping hour.
is it really true that only 2000 were produced?
i have the one with the salmon face and stainless steel dial.
does anyone know what it's value is?
thanks,
helen

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Helen and a very warm welcome to WTF,

I am also a proud owner of a DeVille Jumping Hour.

I have done some research on this rare timepiece and was never able to find out the actual numbers that were produced. It wasn't a limited edition watch. However, it was only made for about one year so numbers will be more limited than normal. Omega produce more than 2000 watches per day so I would think that there are more than 2000 Jumping Hours out there. However, there are a few different versions including stainless steel and gold versions and bracelet and strap versions. So, maybe, just maybe, there is only about 2000 of your particular model.

As for value. I haven't got a clue. These are so rare that you are only the second other person I know that owns one, and I have searched the internet.

The 18ct gold version on a leather strap (the version I own, see below) was £2200 when it was sold new.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but you have a rarety there and as such information is limited.

May I ask if you have any other interesting timepieces?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,
thanks for the welcome.
the reason i became interested in researching the omega was when i wore it one day to change the battery on another watch the sales associate asked to take a look at the omega and said that it was a privilege to see it. so it piqued my curiosity.
well i have several other watches... it is a minor addiction of mine. i don't think that any of them are rare though. i only started buying valuable watches about 10 years ago and chose them because i liked the way they looked.
thank you for the info. this was the first site i found with any info on the jumping hour.
yours,
helen

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You are very welcome Helen,

If you manage to find out anything new about the DeVille Jumping Hour please report back here because I'm sure I'm not the only member who would be interested.

Finally, may I ask what other watches you have in your collection?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Me, too!

Hi Helen and a very warm welcome to WTF,

I am also a proud owner of a DeVille Jumping Hour.

I have done some research on this rare timepiece and was never able to find out the actual numbers that were produced. It wasn't a limited edition watch. However, it was only made for about one year so numbers will be more limited than normal. Omega produce more than 2000 watches per day so I would think that there are more than 2000 Jumping Hours out there. However, there are a few different versions including stainless steel and gold versions and bracelet and strap versions. So, maybe, just maybe, there is only about 2000 of your particular model.

As for value. I haven't got a clue. These are so rare that you are only the second other person I know that owns one, and I have searched the internet.

The 18ct gold version on a leather strap (the version I own, see below) was £2200 when it was sold new.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but you have a rarety there and as such information is limited.

May I ask if you have any other interesting timepieces?

There are a few of us owners out here . . .

Omega says they made 3,713 of them

It is calibre 1221, based on the calibre 1120

Cal 1120 HS SS 23p or ETA A0.AA1 (HS -- jumping hour; SS without seconds, 23p number of jewels)

25.6mm x 4.9mm

28,800 beats per hour

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Well there you go Helen.

Thanks for the info HewyBaby.

Was there 3713 of our model made or 3713 of the complete range of DeVille Jumping Hours?

If it's the latter that really is a very limited run.

Most Omega Limited Editions have more numbers than that produced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will be sure to share any info i find.
well i have a breitling woman's windrider starliner, a cartier roadster, a corum trapeze, a baume and mercier hampton, and an hermes heure H.
not sure what the next on my list of need to have will be.
as you can see i don't have any brand loyalty yet.
helen

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well there you go Helen.

Thanks for the info HewyBaby.

Was there 3713 of our model made or 3713 of the complete range of DeVille Jumping Hours?

If it's the latter that really is a very limited run.

Most Omega Limited Editions have more numbers than that produced.
Omegas production figures are for the calibre, not the model
As far as I know, only Deville Prestige model ever used this calibre

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hi there Helen

Warm Christmas Welcome to WTF and OMEGALand fro me. Apologies for coming in to this on the late side but I see our pals have been looking after you. Sadly I must confess to having provided provided some misleading statistics about production volumes of the DeVille Jumping Hour but that was the information available to me at that time. The MSRP for the Salmon dial is $3,500 I believe.

I hope you'll have the opportunity to have a look around here. We also have a resource section that contains information on Omega models which you may find of interest. Look forward to the fun and pleasure of chatting more with you.

My best wishes

ZIN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcome.
i have a strange question. are watch forum groups generally male dominated or is it more particular to omega ?

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Well Helen

Watches tend to be toyz for boyz. We have had ladies participating on WTF over the years and infact I've probably seen more ladies here than on any other forum.

It's certainly great to have you with us :001_smile:

Enjoy your day and weekend

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's a sad fact Helen that this is a mostly male dominated passion. In fact there were over 3000 members of WTF before we transferred to this new software. Not one of these was a lady, as far as I knew.

I'd like to second Houston and say that it is great to have you here with us.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
There have been a few Rick which was one of the reasons we were keen to see that the PG-13 guidelines were observed.

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
may i ask another question?
do your wives or partners share your passion for watches?
thinking about it now most women i know are happy with one nice watch whereas a few males i know are avid collectors.
i suppose men's watches are generally more interesting... a couple of the ones i have are men's watches.

·
Registered
158 Posts
may i ask another question?
do your wives or partners share your passion for watches?
thinking about it now most women i know are happy with one nice watch whereas a few males i know are avid collectors.
i suppose men's watches are generally more interesting... a couple of the ones i have are men's watches.
My wife participates with me, sometimes willingly, sometimes not as willingly. When I wax rhapsodic regarding the technology of a particular calibre, she gently reminds me, that for her, "It's all about the jewelry". :thumbup1:

Her remark to a fellow male WIS wife:

"A woman is wise to share her man's passion, because otherwise he may find someone else who will!" :laugh:

I count myself lucky :thumbup:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Never met a lady who was an avid collector in r/l. A couple of my closest have a few watches for different occasions.

We have had avid lady collectors, the most enthusiastic I recall being very keen on Invictas. Haven't seen her in quite a while though :001_rolleyes:

As discussed, it's more an XY chromosome pastime. :biggrin:

Catch you soon

ZIN

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hewy
My wife calls me "Mr Lucky" for having her and indeed I am. She is an enabler of the highest order...in fact insisting that I buy the 50th year Speedy that I now hold so dear. She's currently still wearing her Aquaracer but we'll step her up to an Omega before too long.
Mike

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My wife is not a collector but she has a collection because I keep buying them for her.:biggrin:

She does not share my passion for the horological side of watches but she appreciates the aesthetics and quality of the watches I've bought her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts