WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
Just took possession of this nice looking omega 'century' case no 14714-5-SC.

THE MOVEMENT IS NUMBERED 17893952 AND CALIBER 285
I have seen some centuries with numerals and arrow markers together but not just arrow markers. I know the second hand is missing which i will replace this weekend.
My question is is it genuine and if yes what could i expect to gain if i sell it on. Watch Analog watch Light Clock Material property
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x459/david_edgar1/?action=view&current=omega285.mp4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been looking around just to get a value but so far no luck. There doesnt seem to be a lot of info about the century on the wed or talking to watch dealers.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Hi,

I can't seem to find it in the Omega watch database, but that doesn't mean it may not be there (tough to pin stuff down sometimes). Hopefully someone will come along with some helpful information.

FWIW, the dial doesn't look original to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed.... the only centuries i have found are : black dial with date window and loads with silver dial with date window, one i found had sub second and the other had solid gold case/back.
Thats not to say that anything is wrong with this one,lets face it Omega did or do have a habit of making short runs on styling.
I once saw an omega with a cloth dial (how bizarre ) . I have no reason to think my omega is in anyway unusual,just would like to pin it down :001_smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.