WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[18:00:59] Christine:

Hi All

Back in 1971 or mebbe 1972 I bought an Omega Flightmaster 911 ( Ominous Prediction ? ) while serving in Germany.
After many years of military service, and transatlantic sailing, it has been broken about 5 times.
Once the glass got cracked, other times various knobs fell off, generally in the middle of nowhere and totally dark.
Every time it needs a repair, it has to be sent away, and costs a lot.
I have probably paid for it 3 times over.
Anyway, I am retired now, and the other day the winder button snapped off.
This time on carpet in broad daylight, so I could see it.
Reluctantly, I have decided that it is time to let it go, as I am now on a pension.
Any idea what it would be worth ?
last repair was through Omega house London and cost around £ 500 about 2 yrs ago

I will try to get some one to add photos, once I can catch em.
Thanks In Advance
Jan
OK, ADDED PHOTO, WITH THE SNAPPED OFF WINDER KNOB PUSHED BACK IN PLACE.
YES THE TWO ORANGE HANDS ARE A BIT FADED, BUT APART FROM THAT, ITS OK, CONSIDERING THE LIFE IT HAS HAD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, never expected them to go that high, but ok, at that price, it has to be in perfect condition, mine has a broken winder, that needs fixing, so I would sell for considerably less than that.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
$3000 is an OUTRAGEOUS price IMO. Check eBay's completed listings for Flightmasters that sold (use the GREEN prices. The RED is for items that didn't sell) to get an idea of what they go for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.