WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm looking for some modification help and have a few questions. I recently dug out an old Seiko 2625 that I had picked up at a second hand store years ago. I'm thinking I'd like to get it presentable and give it to my girlfriend for her birthday. It will need a new face, hands and crystal. I'd also like to have it polished and cleaned. Would this be a worthwhile project? I think the watch could look pretty sharp with some new custom touches. Can anyone recommend where I could have this done at a reasonable cost?

I'll post a few pics of it when I get home. Also, the battery has just been replaced and it is running. I'll see how it does over the next few hours. Thanks in advance for any info and help.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I guess you could try contacting Randall Benson aka Dr. Seiko

I think he very well may have what you need for your watch, Atleast he had a few complete sample watches less the movements as of last year.

Send him a contact message and put your email address and describe the issues infull to him & I'm sure he will get back in touch with you. He's also close by in Northern Calf.

FotoTime - Free Online Photo & Video Sharing - Share, Sell, Host & Print Digital Images

or his email addy:
[email protected]

He's one of the best watch makers for Seiko watches, and can work on just about any make & model...

Good luck, :thumbup1:
Jim

Hello, I'm looking for some modification help and have a few questions. I recently dug out an old Seiko 2625 that I had picked up at a second hand store years ago. I'm thinking I'd like to get it presentable and give it to my girlfriend for her birthday. It will need a new face, hands and crystal. I'd also like to have it polished and cleaned. Would this be a worthwhile project? I think the watch could look pretty sharp with some new custom touches. Can anyone recommend where I could have this done at a reasonable cost?

I'll post a few pics of it when I get home. Also, the battery has just been replaced and it is running. I'll see how it does over the next few hours. Thanks in advance for any info and help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I actually came across "HOT" in my search. I'm going to send him an email and check out my options.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
PM sent with info for you on a OEM seiko rubber strap!

I sent you a PM, with info from a friend of mine who has an OEM rubber strao for your watch this morning 3/18/12.

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks for the info, I actually came across "HOT" in my search. I'm going to send him an email and check out my options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts