WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I picked up a couple of vintage Omegas off of Ebay back in 2006 when I first got into watches. I didn't know much back then and really wasn't sure if what I was buying was real or fake. This is one that has sat in a drawer for several years. I popped the front off after a screw came loose, but then couldn't get the crystal back on and managed to bend the hour hand while it was in the drawer.

I was thinking about sending it off to get serviced/restored, but didn't want to bother if people thought that it was a fake. Unfortunately, it's a single-piece case, which prevents me from checking out the movement/case numbers without removing the hands and crown.

Here's a shot of the front, with the replacement plastic crystal removed (when on, you can't see the dial/case gap). I've looked at the different Omega vintage archives, but haven't seen a DeVille dial with the sub-second markers.

Shot of the back ...

My concern is that it is a real case, but fake dial, and therefore wouldn't be worth restoring. Any thoughts from this knowledgeable group are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike (Veritas99)

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
I think you're safe having it serviced. That's an authentic dial variation. Several different Omega models of the 60's and 70's had those markings around the edge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts