WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave some love to an old friend this week. Pulled my old 9937 from the back of the box and wore it all week (first time in several years). Strange, it didn't look small, feel small, and I didn't feel less manly wearing it. :001_smile: I'll admit I had been seduced by newer, larger designs and had bought in to that theory that 40mm was just too small today. Somehow my wrist didn't notice any of that. I have several automatics, but with no winder, it was just too difficult to keep them all running. I initially pulled out the 8926, but it doesn't hack, and the geek in me loves that feature, plus I like the better cyclops on the 9937.

I love complications and own more chronos than three-hand watches, still, I found myself constantly looking at that three-hand automatic and that beautiful sweep second hand. I realize it's an homage to the "R" brand, but it is one good looking watch. Mine has the Sellita SW200 engine.

Happened to catch Shawn Wilsie on the Shop while channel surfing late one night several years ago and the rest is history (an expensive lesson at that).

edison

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I brought back up to the top because of the comparison photos of the 8926 and the 9937. I own both of these watches, just received the 9937 yesterday and haven't had a chance to actually compare the two watches side by side yet.

The major appearance variations appear to be the higher magnification of the cyclops eye, the bracelet clasp, swiss movement verbiage at the bottom and a smoother sweeping second hand of the 9937. I will look at my new aquisition closely and compare it with my 8926 and share my opinion with you guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know my 9937 is an older model, but I still like it. I see from the review by Patsbosoxfan that Invicta has upgraded the movement in the 8926 and it would be much more appealing to me today, but my tastes have changed over the years. My 9937 still has some advantages: a sapphire crystal, a thicker bracelet, solid end links, and the SW200 movement. I don't know if that translates into a $200 premium, but it did to me four years ago when I bought it. :001_smile: BTW, that SW200 is still my most accurate automatic movement. I'll throw up a chart (non-scientific, of course) next week showing my daily time checks. The 9937, the Rodney Dangerfield of Invicta, the watch that gets no respect. Strange, Invicta keeps it in the lineup, however. Just not sexy enough for the SHOP. :001_smile: edison

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently bougt the 8926 to wear with my Nato-straps, but i like the look so much so i use the original brecelet now. But im not 100% saticfied with the feel of the brecelet, is the brecelet on the 9937 in better quality and feel ? You with newer 9937 & 8926 can you please post some comparasing photos of the bracelet, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.