WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

Ok, looking for a leather strap and having a hard time. If you have ideas that fit the below criteria, then Sponsors - tell me what you got! Members, show me what you got!

• Need a 24 / 22mm.
  • Brown in color, something like a cognac (less red, more brown), "Havana", that type of brown.
  • LONG. Need to have at least 200mm's total. 80/120 or 125 would be idea.
  • Relatively thick. The watch is 45mm wide at 2-8 and 18mm thick. I'm thinking 4-5mm at lugs probably.
  • I'm normally not a fan of 'standard' leather. A vintage leather or bomber style is probably what I'm looking for. Distressed would be OK too, but not looking like it's falling apart. The "aged" look isn't something I really care for A large gator print would also be a good strap (love gator looks).
  • Stitching, matching or white / off white is fine either way.
  • Glossy straps need not apply regardless of other criteria!! Sorry, just a personal preference. I don't like glossy. Matte is preferred, a slight semi-gloss will be considered though.
  • Price, preferably 450 or less (less is always preferred, right? :wink:) but for 'da bomb' of straps I'd go $70 or maybe even $80. Higher than that I have other options that I'd go with instead.

Ok, I think that's it... So now, what ya got to show me? :thumbup1:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Check out Kain Heritage. They should have something that fits the bill.

Our Chevlon Long hits close to all of your criteria, except it's 24/24mm. It's 125/85mm, 4.5mm thick, matte brown, vintage oiled leather, and only $36.00. :)

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Kain's are nice, but I really like your Chevlon long and that is a very good price. Can you tell me if a 4mm tang buckle tongue will fit the strap holes? If so, then I think we have a winner! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yep - in fact all of our buckles that have flat tangs are 4mm wide for compatibility's sake. That includes the Pre-V, Thumbnail, and Hybrid buckles.

Cheers!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well is it.... What about.... How is the....

Dang, out of questions, so order placed! Thanks for the info and looking forward to them! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the straps came and I have to say I expected them to be nice, but they're FAR nicer than I expected. Supple-soft right out of the package for the leather and the color is perfect.

A couple shots..

New black rubber strap...

And new 'tobacco' brown vintage leather...

The brown leather goes perfectly with this watch. THANKS Crown & Buckle!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
That Chevlon goes perfect with a Bronze watch, if I didn't already have 2 straps lined up for my Lumtec Bronze coming I would buy that one without a second thought.
Post this in the Lumtec forums as a strap for the bronze watch once people get it in the fall. The price is amazing, and it looks a bit like a Metta, and those are big bucks, I know:wink:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Hey Scott - I bought that black rubber strap and was impressed by how 'supple' it is. Feels very comfortable on the wrist.
I bought it for my Military Mark V so I haven't really posted many pics out of 'respect' for (or fear of :eek:hmy:) those who don't like them.

Oh what the heck - it's on-topic, so....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Check Gunny Straps website- do a Google search.
Peter Gunny specializes in this type of stuff.
I recently bought one for about $170 plus shipping- fantastic tan leather, thick, vintage military look. Panerai-esque.
I bought the strap for my Longines Legend Diver.
You can e-mail Peter directly and discuss what you want and you can see many examples on his website. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts