WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure. Maybe they were all made in Switzerland and just relabeled for the rest of the world. I have just bought a Snorkel which is waiting for me when I get back from my Spanish jaunt. I'll check that one too but already believe it's Swiss-made too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had one before I bought the latest two and find it interesting that all three were made in Switzerland.

...nice!...from the lettering, those look like US-made day and date discs in there (the Swiss-made discs have a definitely different style of lettering)...perhaps Swiss-built with a US 2182 movement (rather than the Swiss 2182F)?...

...edit: oh...wait...that second crown was throwing me off and making me wonder if that has a totally different or modified movement in it...
...then I realized the extra crown is just for rotating the ring inside the case and is not part of the movement...d'OH...

...yes, folks, I am NOT an Accutron expert...:blushing:...but I HAVE succeeded in resurrecting my 'Sputnik'!!...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good call ! I opened him up and the movement is marked USA 2182 and the inside of the back is marked 781 Swiss. Oh, by the way, I have a new crystal for it that will find it's way into it eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.