WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Just "won" this little beauty

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

not sure it that's ok to post .....the seller does not look like a watch person.........looks like the occasional odds and ends person .....

anyway ....according to the serial number it's from 1904 ....doesn't run ...but it's another 2 metal color case.....I think it's a very unusual
case......and the dial look kinda ok the way it is......not in the best of shape.....

.........so, any comments or suggestions about this watch ????

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eeekk I suspect I read the wrong side of the list ....oops ....and mid 20s does fit the style ever so much better doncha think ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Salleh, its been a long time since I've felt this outdone. I definately have to brush up my searches and get back my A game on Ebay. Between you and Doug I can see a lot of good stuff is slipping through my net. Looks like this coming season will be great for you. Good stuff. Joel

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....Thanks Joel ....that's one of the nicest compliments I've gotten in a long time .....compared to most of the folks around here, I am a rank beginner .....and it is good to know that I have at least been putting the sutff I have learned to good use .....

the thing is ....because of the no snow winter, my watch guy is busier than he has been the last 3 winters ....so I have a ton of watches ....2 cigar boxes and the top one's lid doesn't come close to laying flat ....it sticks way up .....so it's hard to remember wht I have and what kind of holes I need to fill .....

most of the folks who buy my watches are not serious collectors, they are people who stop and look and decide on the spot that they love vintage watches....so I like to have a variety of styles, metals, bands .....

but I look at it this way ....I'm speading the gospel of vintage watches ....

I keep trying to find some vintage watches that will catch the eye of a collector, but I keep hearing /" oh I have that one ,,...." ( do you think they could be lying to me ???":lol:

....but when someone around here says....those are cool watches.....now that means something ....

it's been a slow build up over the last couple of years, but to go any faster would require a lot more money than I have spent....and I think my business has been growing at about the same rate as my knowledge ....I would probably be making a lot more mistakes in buying and pricing watches if my knowledge weren't keeping up .....and having so many watches go through my hands has made it easier to learn .....I am a kinestic learner.....tell me something and it pretty much goes in one ear and out the other ......I can learn from books, and do ...but it is so much easier when you have the watches right there in your hands......

descriptions and photos can only take you so far ......

and now it's Satuday ...and no watches today .......:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:so it's a long wait until Monday afternoon .......and Monday afternoon delivery is always the latest of the week, ......all the mail piles up over Sunday and sorting takes much longer ...so we often don't see the mail until well after 3, usually about 4 ....arrrrrrgggghhhhh....

.....Jeez....it's not all that far from Nebraska to Michigan !

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I had two in transit, too, but then one came in today, earlier than I expected. THANKS USPS!!! :thumbup:

Now there's just the wait for the other one.....:001_rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts