WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Omega 2531.80 Bond Seamaster Pro, it needed only a lube job and a new gasket and repressure testing. In the eight years I've owned this watch my AD has never EVER charged me so much as a nickle to work on it or give it it's yearly spiffing up of the case and band. I've owned my Rolex Sub 4 yrs now (bought from the same AD) and I haven't done anything to it but wear it and try to keep it nice. Well, slight and minor wear marks have crept over the band and parts of the case and I managed to get one tiny ding in the side of the case. Also as it's been used the timing has gotten to about 6sec+ per so I finally broke down and dropped it off for it's first cleaning, bracelet checking and light spiffing up. I also asked if they could get the timing rate down to between 0 and 1.5 sec+ like it was when it was new. I have complete and utter confidence in the Rolex trained watchmaker who will be performing this work but it's weird. I mean it's like having a child in the hospital getting his/her tonsils out or something. Oh well, I should have it back this time next week, till then I'm just doing a lot of deep breathing excersises and maybe switching to decaff coffee or something!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts