WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet. All the talk is about how my Buckeyes don't deserve to be in the championship game, with their "weak" schedule and all. Well, they are the only team in the BCS conferences to have only one loss. If the other teams that were in the running had taken care of their business (win), they would be there and not the Buckeyes. It should be an great game vs LSU, just hope it doesn't end up like last year :eek:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Marc:

Trying to figure out the BCS is like trying to map, decode, and re-map all the species' genomes on this planet.

The way it is, there will always be controversey one way or the other.

Will it ever be resolved? Who knows; but, it does keep the sports shows and analysts on the air giving their opinions. ;)

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Well, I don't follow college ball much, but living in the Dawg country here there's alot of people here gripping about LSU, not OSU. Saying that LSU shouldn't have jumped so much (or more specifically shouldn't have jumped over Georgia) and that the game should be UGA & OSU....

Personally not a big UGA fan (simply because my brother-in-law's a huge fan :T ) and as I was at Youngstown when Tressel was there I wouldn't mind seeing him win..

Personally, I think there are too many bowl games. I remember growing up there was maybe 10 games or so on New Years Day with the Rose Bowl being that night. Now it seems every Fortune 500 company has their own bowl, and you almost have to lose every game not to get into a bowl game. For supposedly being about education, the NCAA almost seems more commercialized than the NFL. Only difference is the NCAA keeps all the money where in the NFL the greed is shared by the league & players.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet. All the talk is about how my Buckeyes don't deserve to be in the championship game, with their "weak" schedule and all. Well, they are the only team in the BCS conferences to have only one loss. If the other teams that were in the running had taken care of their business (win), they would be there and not the Buckeyes. It should be an great game vs LSU, just hope it doesn't end up like last year :eek:

They do not in my opinion deserve to be in the BCS bowl with LSU for the "championship". LSU does not deserve to be there either.

USC should be there ( and I hate USC ) as should Oklahoma ( another team I hate ) but they are the current best IMO. Too bad Dixon went down here at Oregon. If he had been healthy, Oregon would not only be playing for the title, but would end up #1 at the end of the season.:thumbup1:

Your comment about taking care of business is a bit much. USC lost their starting QB who was able to make it back at the end of the season, Oregon lost not only Dixon but three other QBs, their leading rusher and receiver, two top linebackers including an All-American. Ohio played a weak schedule on top of that. At least LSU played some tough opponents in the SEC. The big 10 has been over-rated for years. JMO.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
There needs to be a playoff system- period.

I agree but until those running the Bowl system agree it is going nowhere. It is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$, nothing more. A corrupt and broken system run by power brokers called ADs and college presidents.:cursing:

·
Registered
431 Posts
LSU played with many players out at different times this season and beat Tenn. with the backup QB. The SEC was either the best conference in the nation this year or we sure are going to lose a lot of bowl games. The Buckeyes are always a tough out and deserve to be there with only one loss.
I would like to see a playoff but its never gonna happen cause money talks!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Say what you will about who deserves to be there and who doesn't. All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to some football on Jan. 7 at 7:30 pm!!!

GO BUCKS!!!

(Disclaimer: The author of this post is a graduate of The Ohio State University - obviously).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your comment about taking care of business is a bit much. USC lost their starting QB who was able to make it back at the end of the season, Oregon lost not only Dixon but three other QBs, their leading rusher and receiver, two top linebackers including an All-American. Ohio played a weak schedule on top of that. At least LSU played some tough opponents in the SEC. The big 10 has been over-rated for years. JMO.
It's too bad that some teams lost some of their players. If they were a good enough "team", they could win with a second-string player here or there. That's part of the game. As far as OSU playing a weak schedule, look at ANY team's schedule. There are lower-tier schools on EVERYBODY'S schedule. So that arguement doesn't hold water. OSU scheduled Washington (at Washington) a couple years ago, when Washington was a good team. We played Texas the last 2 years, and have had Notre Dame on the schedule for a couple of years before that. We are not affraid to schedule a tough opponent for an early season match-up.

·
Registered
885 Posts
We will know soon enough how tough the Big Ten has been this year. I suspect pretty weak. My prediction LSU 51 OSU 17.
JMHO

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
We will know soon enough how tough the Big Ten has been this year. I suspect pretty weak. My prediction LSU 51 OSU 17.
JMHO
OUCH!!! Nothing personal, but I hope you're completely wrong!! :001_tt2:

Go bucks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
My ECU Pirates are back in a bowl this year - Honolulu, HI - non-BCS, but I'm happy anyway. Skip Holtz appears to be a really great coach. I hope we can keep him!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Great season and I can't wait for next year. Look for the SEC to be the powerhouse conference they always are. I just wish we did have a playoff as I would love to have seen how the other conferences could stack up against LSU. It is easy to say USC could have beat them, or a couple of others. If you lose to stanford..................you don't play for championships period.........no excuses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts