WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my new Invicta Off Shore Classic Pro Diver #4802.

Watch Info:
Brushed stainless steel with black IP center links
Miyota automatic 21-jewel
Mineral crystal front and back
Screw down crown
Case 48mm
Dial black mother of pearl
Bracelet 24mm
Water Resistance 990 feet

First the MOP orient really pops (I need better photos). F&F is good but could be better. I really like that the whole watch is done in a brushed finish, really makes it standout. It takes its style cues from the Omega Planet Ocean, but it will never be confused with a PO.

Lumes are decent.

Fit well on my 81/4 in. wrist.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks sharp Auto, what about the F&F don't you like? I see it isn't employing SEL's but that's to be expected for a mid $100 watch. Nice shots and thanks!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
@ AutoMovt

Is that by chance a glock 27 pictured? I gave one to my wife, outfitted with a lazermax for a backup.
Hard to tell from the cropped pic but, my guess would also be a galco behind the back holster?

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Charlie Yes it is a G27 first generation. Picked it up in Tucson the first year it came out. Carry it in a S.O.B.(small of the back) holster.

@Nick I wish the black IP was done front and back. But for the price point it is fine.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Is that center link OD green?? I like how the bezel and center link color tie out. :thumbup1:

Nice watch.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Congrats, Auto. Very nice. I wonder if the Lalo will have the lamb fries to come out with a version with an orange bezel? If he does, I'll be all over it.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Glock and Invicta have some things in common.

Glock took the world by storm, mainly for two reasons. One, was the trigger mechanism, which made accurate fire possible for for even those with weaker hands and the ease of the system actually helped everyone improve his marksmanship. Police records from agencies that adopted Glock confirm this. Two, the plastic frame gave liberals, who don't know the difference from a stacking swivel and a butt-stock, a battle cry against plastic guns which were supposedly invisible to X-rays. Congressional hearings ensued.

Of course, that claim was a complete lie and was easily debunked just by the number of metal parts in a Glock, but it gave the company so much press that Gaston Glock and his little start-up pistol company became a household name because of publicity he otherwise couldn't have gotten from any ad agency for any price.

Invicta has taken the watch world by storm by producing watches that are well made, stylish and priced so as to make it easy for those who are not necessarily affluent to collect high-quality watches. Invicta has had it's controversy, too, that has given it exposure that advertising alone could not have provided.

In the case of Invicta, like Glock, some of the publicity has not been entirely positive. They started out with a Rolex "knock-off" that was so good, it defied the term "knock-off." None-the-less, it's main claim to fame was a watch that got noticed for all the wrong reasons and people loved it.

Rapid growth led to some glitches in QC and CS and again, though not positive publicity, it got the watch world buzzing about the company, while Invicta took efforts to clean up the problem and to continue to offer a wide range of quality watches at very affordable prices.

And in both cases, the old adage has been proven that there really isn't any such thing as bad publicity.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark, Indiana issues conceal carry permits to residents and a pocket knife needs no permit. Yes I do work in Federal Law Enforcement, but my current position does not require me to carry firearm. My wife is happy about that.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
That's interesting. We're right next door and here in Chicago, we're not even allowed to own a handgun, let alone carry one. I'm not a gun fan, but outlawing the hand gun doesn't seem to have slowed all the criminals down. Maybe if everyone is packing we could turn it around. Or maybe it'd be World War III. Who knows. I know I'm sick of reading about all the murders of innocent people and hope my family is never touched by violence again.

But back to watches, that does look nice on a strap.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I have 3 of these. No problems with downtown living here.

All liscenced of course. It would make me a little more nervous to walk the neighborhood with a thousand dollar watch on my wrist without my pals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts