WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Free?

That's a deal that's often tough to beat.

What were the details of the deal?

·
Banned
135 Posts
i had ordered the admiral and sent it back..it had some cheap bracelet where all the links squeaked and was very cheap feeling..plus also had a broken pin on my bracelet...also the crown and protector were very plastic-esque ...watch looked great but just didn't measure up to me 4 the $$$

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own a number of Swiss Legends and SWI products. For the most part, all of the company's higher priced watches are terrific deals and very well made. Unfortunately, a lot of his loss-leaders are not quite "up to speed" on detail. One could draw a parallel between SWI and Croton in that respect. Croton makes some beautiful watches, but many of the lower priced items are something less than you would expect. No need to mention the 6-for-1 watch deals that show up occasionally on the air; what the heck would anyone expect from a $13 watch!?

The Admiral is a quartz downgrade of the Admirale, which is powered by a Valjoux caliber 7750; one of the BEST deals in watch land anywhere. Lior's Limited Edition watches are also built to the highest standards. I own the President, my wife owns a Rotary Skeleton and I just received two new SWI's that I covered in a separate post on this Forum.

In the less expensive lines, try the square Colosso or his Commander chronographs.

Lior is a very dedicated and accessible CEO. Feel free to call SWI in Florida with any questions you may have.

NAYTH

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
I believe the Admiral is a Philip watch.
And discussion of all what brands are welcome here.
There are no "off-forum" topics, other than to discuss and direct WTFers to specific vendors' sale sites.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
I believe the Admiral is a Philip watch.
And discussion of all what brands are welcome here.
There are no "off-forum" topics, other than to discuss and direct WTFers to specific vendors' sale sites.
Sorry boscoe et al. I moved this thread from the Invicta forum where it was off-topic but fine in the GF.

·
Registered
309 Posts
swi

I have the portofino in orange:

I bought it for $50 as a beater. It is an OK watch. Nothing special. It is large and does get noticed. I dropped it byy accident yesterday & the case back popped off. I slapped it right back on, no probs.
I do plan to wear it during the summer really. Swiss Legend does give 5 yrs warranty on it products, which is worth the $50 I spent. Not much more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts