WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oceanaut finds perfect time for Nordstrom launch
December 14, 2007

Los Angeles—Southern California watch manufacturer Oceanaut has launched its 2008 collection of men's and women's watches at Nordstrom.

The Swiss-made timepieces, priced between $1,095 and $14,500, debuted at Nordstrom department stores, a partnership that Oceanaut CEO and co-founder Frances Ibarra Blair describes as a "perfect fit at the right time."

Nordstrom has 157 stores in 28 states, but the watches are thus far only available in select stores.

In designing Oceanaut's 2008 line, designer and co-founder Danny Blair was inspired by Russian pilot watches, the company says.

The line features Latin names, including Acquatico, Baltica, Baccara, Cortez Limited Edition, Carrero and Conquistador. The designs feature conflict-free diamonds from Africa, hand-stitched leather straps from Italy, French alligator straps and precious metals from the United States.

The privately held watch company has been working to make a name for itself in celebrity circles with a client list that includes Courteney Cox and David Arquette, and Serena and Venus Williams. In July, the couple gave newlyweds Tony Parker and Eva Longoria engraved matching his-and-her Pacha Cobra diamond watches.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
There's nothing like giving watches away to celebs to boost the image:

"In July, Oceanaut supplied custom engraved matching "His" and "Hers" Oceanaut Pacha Cobra diamond watches to a number of Hollywood newlyweds—most notably “Desperate Housewives” star Eva Longoria and professional basketball ace, Tony Parker, whose marriage has been billed as “the celebrity wedding of the year.”

"Since then, the privately held watch company has attained celebrity following that includes Kevin Connolly, Teri Hatcher, Maria Menounos, Vanessa Minillo, Courtney Cox and David Arquette, Diddy, Sugarland, Keith Urban, Serena and Venus Williams, Jason Taylor, and Wolfgang Puck."

http://www.jckonline.com/article/CA6512546.html

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
And Danny Blair is the one and only Watch Commander. Also Oceanaut has been around for 8 or 9 years or more and been in some stores before, just not in a major store with a big marketing campaign. Renato may have to put in a lot more work, though the Mink name may allow him to speed up the process.
Chase Durer has also been around and fairly well known before SNBC though I have never seen them in stores either. But I haven't seen a whole bunch of watches in stores before! For the longest time I don't think I knew there were watches besides Seiko, Movado, Citizen, and Timex.

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
I do not know much of the company. The only time I have heard from there, was on the Forum. If I see any, going out tonight, I will post as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have a chance to take a close look or was that totally out of the question with the zoo like enviroment? I am so glad my Christmas shopping was done early this year. The first time that has ever happened but not the last. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I will definitely have to find a Nordstroms and gaze at the Oceanauts. I love the two I bought and wish I could've bought 4 or 5 more. With the price hikes, my Oceanaut buying days, appear to be over. I wish the company luck though, since unlike most here, I have enjoyed the WC's antics over the years. I feel he was right on the money about the quality of the Oceanaut line and its value for the price. But the evil and selfish part of me hopes they fail miserably so prices will be discounted severely and I can buy a few more!:sneaky2:
Plus the WC deserves a kick in the butt for not disclosing that he was a part of the company before my investigative reporting exposed him.:laugh:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have the Oceanaut Pacha, a very nice watch. SeaPro by oceanaut is the new "TV" brand for Oceanaut. SeaPro are very nice, I have the Wingman. the bracelet is awesome! Oceanaut links and Wingman links are interchangable. I beleive they use the SeaPro brand to be able to sell discounted Oceanauts, and not dilute the Oceanaut retail value. JMHO

Link to article with photo of WC with his wife Frances Ibarra Blair, and her brother:
http://www.nationaljewelernetwork.com/njn/content_display/watches/e3i92801f19cf6edd7141e93e53ea51a6ab

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do actually have an Oceanaut I took in as a trade. I had it and about six shows displayed with the Riedenschild and Thunderbirds models that I used to carry. I had several people state they felt it was my nicest watch.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I may eventually buy one of those Seapros Cap. They do look nice. And speaking of nice looking, the WC landed a babe!:drool:

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
This isn't good news for me.
The local Mall already has a great AD (Rolex,Tag,Omega, IWC,et al) and in January a Tourneau is opening.

In March a Nordstrum is also opening.

I am in deep doo-doo!!!

:w00t::eek::eek::w00t::crying:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts