WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people seem reluctant to send stuff O.S, which I understand, but as an Aussie who has no choice but to buy stuff from O.S (USA, UK, Europe) and wait a couple of weeks, I've never had a problem in around 50 transactions. The postal service is very reliable and efficient in my experiences.

Having said that I have about 6 Accutrons that need work. i'm torn wether they should go to Bulgaria all in one package (what if, what if :scared:) or separately (cost, cost).

Maybe just a holiday with watches in tow......Is Bulgaria nice?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My only real experience with buying watches outside the US happened when I bought an Accutron from Saipan and a couple of new Rolex homages from China and, in every case, I was surprised at how quickly they arrived. The only problem I ever had was when an advertisement I bought from Canada never arrived.
I think I would split those Accutrons into two packages but maybe I'm overly cautious.
A trip to Bulgaria sounds like a great idea ! A member of the flying club I'm in came to your country and rented an airplane to tour the country. He showed his pictures at a club meeting. WOW ! It's a long way across you outback !
Ludmil currently has a watch for sale that I'd like to have but I'm trying to gain some self control and go after particular watches.

·
Banned
605 Posts
If you are talking Australia it is a BIG BIG place. Nothing like America in terms of spread of population. We have properties (ummm farms?) that are literally bigger than entire countries in europe. 98% of our population literally cling to the coast line because the whole interior is just largely vicious unliveable desert. Interesting place and people though....

I think we recently hit 24 million people. Less than a tenth of the US.........

Ludmil always has nice watches that you want to buy at fairly reasonable prices.....

Yeah good advice.......two packages is the way to go. The lesser ones in one and the more liked in the other. Better odds.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have never had an issue with incoming mail but have lost 2 watches shipping out of Canada. One to France and another to the US. Anything over $100 gets insured and preferably with tracking or delivery confirmation. I would definitely split up the shipment.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah I think you guys are right. I'll split the package and I'll send the most safest available way, cost irrelevant.

I've bought a lovely serviced 218 from Ludmil and it is faultless and keeps exceptional time.

It'll be wonderful to get my Accutrons running again.

I must get a camera and put some pics up. They aren't rare are or as nice as most of the ones on here, but I like them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.