WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like watches in nylon straps, actually. To me, they look more sporty and adventurous. However I dunno how those type of straps I'd always like to wear irritate my skin. They give me terrible itchiness and reddish-crimson on my wrist skin. Is it all about incompatibility to a particular brand? Or is it simply about my skin sensitiveness? I tried another nylon strap and I get the same occurring on my skin, so I give up to wear nylons. Is it possible to me to get a brand that really has quality of anti-skin sensitiveness?I mean is there a brand that never give such impacts to skin?By the way, I'm an Asian and I, of course, have tropical skin. Thank you in advance for the coming suggestions or info. :001_smile:

·
Banned
31 Posts
Nylon should be pretty hypoallergenic...though it can cause irritation and some people have reported similar symptoms (according to google). So there may be other things going on if you do not have the same symptoms with other nylon clothing.

You could be wearing it too tight and it is rubbing. The loose feels like it slides around a lot especially with heavy watches, though it really doesn't. I would try loosening it if you can't get a finger between it and your skin without a lot of effort.

The edges are rough when new. You can wash them to soften them a little and you can smooth them a little by running them along a smooth edge like a door frame or a edge of your desk.

Or you could try a different brand. I know the different ones I have have very different feels, from almost smooth to almost like canvas. Who did you get yours from?

Finally, you can try canvas-which is made out of cotton. It won't last as long but you can get the same look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts