WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally we do one of those threads about watches we'd buy with unlimited money. Nearly every time I post the same few watches, as I did here:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/39415.htm#post358477

Well, just days after I forked over a wad of cash for the '66 Connie on the bracelet, one pops up:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

:cursing: The Watch Gods are taunting me. Anyone got a spare suitcase stuffed with cash laying around? :laugh::lol:

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
LOL, your run of luck in finding and acquiring these gems is only curtailed by money it seems. Perhaps it's time to delve into some form of *ahem* less than appropriate means of securing money. Any good street corners you'd feel comfortable spending time on?:lol::laugh::lol:

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, your run of luck in finding and acquiring these gems is only curtailed by money it seems.
Yeah, I need to stop having late night chats with The Google and opening e-mail from known enablers.

Perhaps it's time to delve into some form of *ahem* less than appropriate means of securing money. Any good street corners you'd feel comfortable spending time on?:lol::laugh::lol:
:sneaky2::lol:

Windy keeps threatening me with placement at 12th & Pine (near the old Woody's bar). :scared:

·
Registered
598 Posts
This is the Watch Gods idea of a joke, and it is how they assert their power over foolish mortals. They also like to reveal the same model of watch you just bought in better condition, or at half the price with box and papers. We are helpless in their grasp. All hail the Watch Gods.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Beautiful watch!!!

What do you think how much will it go for? Almost 9h left on auction...

EDIT: Too many cats on the Internet :lol:

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you think how much will it go for?
I'm thinking north of $5K, probably @ $5.6K, with an absolute top out of $6.5 if somebody gets crazy….. or there's a schill. Let's see how tuned in I am to the market.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
There is no reason in the world for you to not get that watch, it only costs 7% to have everything a person wants.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is no reason in the world for you to not get that watch, it only costs 7% to have everything a person wants.
Can you deposit that 7% in my account so I can buy that watch then? :T Thanks for the chuckle. :wink:

That's actually kind of funny because one of my bosses is always touting mark-up percentage and we counter that he should go try to deposit 43% in the bank. :laugh: Percentages are for golfers and baseball players. Dollars buy watches. :wink:

ps - 2.5 hours left and sitting at $5k.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Beautiful watch, though I'd rather have your new Seamaster Dennis. Might just be the place I'm at in my collecting though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts