WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In October this year after looking and looking I purchased an Aqua Terra model 231.13.44.50.02.001 from the Birmingham Boutique. I've worn it probably a dozen times but at the end of November noticed for some reason the auto winder was stuck solid so it kept stopping. I took it back to shop only to be told it could not be replaced but would have to be sent away for repair not what I wanted or expected after paying £4.5k for a watch. I have emailed Omega who have said they will give it high priority, but that’s not what I want do you think I'm being unreasonable asking for a new one. I'm told it is being repaired and will have it back in the new year not impressed at all but seems like there is nothing I can do unless you know other wise.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
No manufacturer is perfect. If you buy a new car and have trouble with it 2 months later, does the dealer replace it or repair it? They repair it. Stuff happens and this time it happened to you. While this obviously disappoints you, I'm pretty sure you'll survive the wait. JLC took over a year to restore both watches I sent to them.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As a frame of reference; I've waited three (3) years for a couple of Nihonto (traditionally forged Japanese sword) to work through the backlog of a Japanese "togi-shi" (sword polisher).
It takes what it takes.

I would imagine you will be quite happy with your watch when it returns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys I cannot believe what I'm reading how you think it's fine for a 4.5k watch to stop working after less than 6 weeks and wearing 12 times is ok. Also you have the same rights with a car under the sale of goods act and you can find instances were cars have been exchanged. I just think the attitude is very poor I gave sent several emails and made calls with no replies. They say they pride themselves on customer services well that's not my experience . I love the watch there are only a limited number out there it was a new design in July this year and can only be gotten from a few of the boutiques. Just think it could have been dealt with better.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
And you're entitled to your opinion. It's not how things are done though. You can either accept that or rail against it - but it won't change. So fight that good fight! In the end, all you'll be doing is raising your own blood pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you think we should just roll over and accept it. Well I can tell you for one it will not stop here even if I have the watch back I will get something out of it rest assured . Next email to the CEO of Omega regarding company service and how they treat their customers. Well wait and see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In what way Rick you think by contacting the CEO it's over the top well lets wait and see I will keep you all updated believe me . I know the CEO will have his pa sorting emails but I also know that certain ones she will ask his advice on so let's see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm all for fighting for what's right- but you are honestly overreacting here. I've heard of instances where $10k Rolexes were defective, and the owner was denied warranty work altogether and consequenty hit with the bill. You said yourself your AD took it back with no problems to get repaired, even Omega themselves said they would give it high priority. I'm really not sure what else you want to get out of it, or think you deserve. It's a mechanical watch with hundreds of moving parts.

·
Registered
466 Posts
New Mov't...........Better

He wants to swap for a new watch. What if you get a new watch and 2 wks later the same problem happens. I think you should fight for them to install a whole new movement instead. :cool1:
Since you can't get a new watch, second best option is swap a new mov't.

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
He wants to swap for a new watch. What if you get a new watch and 2 wks later the same problem happens. I think you should fight for them to install a whole new movement instead. :cool1:
Since you can't get a new watch, second best option is swap a new mov't.
How did I know you would be the sole post of dissention? :001_rolleyes: Shocking! ...... not.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I can honestly say I wouldn't be happy either, or at least extremely disappointed. the problem is it sounds like no-one is denying the issue and I can say Omega is a big machine that does not turn quickly. I would suggest working with them and they will take care of the issue.. it may take awhile, but it will resolve. I see no reason for a new movement, the watch seems to have a new movement with a problem, Omega needs to find the problem and make it right. as others have said, nothing is perfect, it just happened to you and that is never pleasant but we have to deal with unpleasant things everyday, sometimes I think it's the way we face these issues that determine the outcome, at least our attitude about the outcome.

ease up and take a deep breath, it will work out. I speak from experience here, try dealing with RSC Dallas.. I was treated with utter disrespect but the actual service performed on the watch was fantastic. upon reflection, knowing what I knew about their reputation I should have went at the situation differently to save what's left of my sanity.. sort of like I'm suggesting to the OP.

good luck, but remember they are big and don't intimidate and you'll be fine. really.....:001_smile:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Huh..........

How did I know you would be the sole post of dissention? :001_rolleyes: Shocking! ...... not.
Dissention:confused1: Did I say he is entitle to a new watch?
The problem could be:
1) The whole movement is out of place or(2) the rotor. But I suspect is a bent shaft. I would want a new movement if its a bent shaft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Morning all well I sent my email to the top man as I said I would and this was the reply I received 24 hours later.

In the absence of my college your communication has been directed to me for investigation and response and, from the information you have provided, I have indeed been able to identify your watch within our system, reference xxxxxxxxxxx

I very much regret the problems experienced, resulting in the need to return the watch to us so soon after purchase for correction under warranty. I hope you will appreciate, however, that the International Warranty is issued specifically for such purposes and ensures that, in the unfortunate event that any difficulties should arise, correction will be completed on a free of charge basis as a matter of priority.

I can confirm that this has been completed and, in order to allay your concerns, the watch has been personally examined and tested prior to despatch by our Technical Manager. In addition, I can advise that the watch has in fact left us today for delivery to your Boutique tomorrow, 21 December.

I sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused but trust that once in your possession it will meet with your entire satisfaction and provide many years of pleasurable wear, thus restoring your faith in the OMEGA brand. Should you have any additional queries or concerns, however, do please contact me directly.

So next I received a phone call telling me that the movement had been totally changed to avoid any further issues and I would receive a free service voucher for the future.

I thanked the gentleman for his call and went to collect my watch to ware for Christmas . However when I arrived at the boutique I was also given a bottle of champagne for my inconvenience which was nice.

I could have just sat back and let it go through the natural cause but this time I thought I was we'll in my rights to have it sorted. Anyway all happy now.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
466 Posts
Problem Solved with New Mov't

So next I received a phone call telling me that the movement had been totally changed to avoid any further issues and I would receive a free service voucher for the future.

Thanks

Greg
That was my advice to fight for a new mov't. And you got it. Happy to hear that.:cool1:
You can always count on Omega to not just fix it but change the whole bl---- mov't!!:001_tt2:
This is why it cost so much for a Omega. After sales service. Barvo, Barvo. Looks like my next big purchase will be a Omega PO

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The other day I was stuck in traffic and waiting my turn to get around the construction site, Well it took three time as long because all the idiots were getting out of line and barreling to the front and cutting in. My wife looked at me and said why don't you do that......I looked at her and said then I would be just as much an Idiot as those guys. Courtesy, concern for others and following the rules has gone out the window for many, I understand the OP disappointment and would like to share in the joy he has for circumventing the system but I am sorry I cannot......Omega like any large company has some problems with the finished product, that is why there is a warranty, some poor guys who had sent there watches back and waited their turn just got shoved back in line because some inconsiderate person was impatient just like those waiting in that long traffic line that didn't wait their turn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alex if you want to be sheep carry on I did what I thought needed to be done don,t give me all this bull**** and as for you mr lack focus you can put your comment were the sun don't shine. I set out to get a result and that's what I did job done. Thanks for the guys with the more positive comments.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.