WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

Another suspicious site popped up - proceed with caution.

Fine Watches On Sale. They look very familiar to some other questionable sites.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. If you have any more details, please share here.

More background here.

Here's the google search result that clued us in:

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Interesting experience!

I went to the FWOS website looking to see if they had contact info. It gave the address of 43 W.120th in N.Y.C. I then used the street-view option of Google Maps to see what the address looked like. What I saw was...um...let's just say I didn't see any brick-and-mortar watch store!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have a nice video review. Google finewatchesonsale.com and look for the video.

I'll let you guys decide if it's legit ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why doesn't he let us see his watch in the video review... :huh:
Too paranoid (cautious) to ever consider this site now.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And notice how he says "Watches on Sale"?

Maybe because they had another site called "Genuine Watches on Sale" and they wanted to keep the video generic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just watched the video and it reeks of a scam. The guy only has 1 youtube vid. If he really is a 'satisfied customer' of the site, he would have proudly shown off his watch. Also, at the end, he advises people to save their money and buy their next watch "here"...most people would have said "there". To me it sould like this guy is the the person running/owner of the site and is pretending to be a customer. His mannerism and presentation was also quite off...Buyer beware I guess. Its so hard to tell which sites are legit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts