WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Check out this thingy.
Marine clock with three, yes three interconnected Accutron power plants. Well, right click and read on...
View attachment 35683
I read the ad and don't quite understand the description of the mvt. These do appear on The Bay periodically. Check out this active one now: 300860205619. It looks to be of the same style. I have seen them listed with a starting price much higher, resulting in a "no sale".

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have a work colleague that has one of these.
Very interesting machine. He picked it up at a local auction some years ago.

I think he paid somewhat more than the listed $500 for it. Just over $1000 iirc...

Will have to point him in the direction of this posting. I'm sure he would love to see the advert..

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Mark I and Mark II used three stacked 214 movements with an extended sweep second pinion that went from back to front. They needed a bigger battery to power the three movements, so they also had an extended battery compartment on the back. The Mark III used a single Accuquartz 224 movement. Not as technically interesting, but much more reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.