WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to All. My first post to this group.

It seems like on many sites, I see people posting their desire for the Black Bay 58. The 41 mm Black Bay, much less. I see that the Black Bay 58 model is more difficult to buy than the 41 mm and often sells for a premium over msrp.
I also observe that many other popular divers are bigger than 41mm. Perhaps my estimation is
wrong, but I would think that the demand for the original 41 mm would be equal to the black bay 58.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
Okay....I'll bite....what the heck is a Black Bay 58? A Mississippi soup? A 58-ounce Cajun hamburger?
A really really old horse? A yuppie aftershave lotion? Your fave fishing lake??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Okay....I'll bite....what the heck is a Black Bay 58? A Mississippi soup? A 58-ounce Cajun hamburger?
It is the same as the Black Bay 41 mm diver only 39 mm. It does also come in a number of varieties.
that the 41 mm does not. But my main point is that the 39 mm diver it seems is talked about so much more

·
Administrator
7,150 Posts
It's a Tudor watch. 'Black Bay' is one of their model lines. The '58' references the year Tudor started selling dive watches.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
But my main point is that the 39 mm diver it seems is talked about so much more.
And MY main point was that I'd never heard the name "Black Bay" until now. Unfortunately your explanation went right over my head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Talked about by whom and what difference does it make? Not much Tudor discussion around here. We pretty much say buy and wear what you like...it's your watch.
Hi , My apology if I was not clear.
I am referring to the Tudor Black Bay divers both 41 mm and 39 mm in size. The black bay 58 is the smaller one

I also go sometimes to Watchuseek and a watch collectors group on facebook. Its seems that on the numerous posts seeking advice on moderately priced divers, the black bay 58 is often mentioned. The 41 mm black bay diver- not so much. Also many ad's almost never have black bay 58 in stock. On Chrono 24 black bay 58 usually sells for more but msrp is the same

·
Super Moderator
5,432 Posts
Hi , My apology if I was not clear.
I am referring to the Tudor Black Bay divers both 41 mm and 39 mm in size. The black bay 58 is the smaller one

I also go sometimes to Watchuseek and a watch collectors group on facebook. Its seems that on the numerous posts seeking advice on moderately priced divers, the black bay 58 is often mentioned. The 41 mm black bay diver- not so much. Also many ad's almost never have black bay 58 in stock. On Chrono 24 black bay 58 usually sells for more but msrp is the same
Check places like Joma shop. They have many of each.

·
Registered
290 Posts
A '58 Bel Air restored by Black Bay Autos.
But this watch, i'd rather have a 39mm than a 41mm, and on any watch unless it was meant to be giant, like a proper dive watch or pilot watch etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts