WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that Lum-Tec is reluctant to offer domed crystals. So I ask, can I send in my own domed crystal and get it fitted by Lum-Tec so warranty is still valid?

I'm curious to know the crystal dimensions for the Cobalt 40mm and 44mm. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^I don't know why it's not an option when many other micro brands offer it.

P.S.
As long as it's a shallow dome because those big domes are gross. :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well, it was on the 500M, so it's not as if they just don't do 'em...have to wait for Chris or Bes to weigh in to find out why. Maybe domed crystals are made by ETA & they can't get them anymore?? :blink:
FWIW, I'd like the option of domed, too.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Not if they have to order in minimum quantities of 1000 to satisfy a handful of people. You can't build a business model around that.
+1

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This has nothing to do with leading or following but its got everything to do with what people want. Surely offering it as an option means it keeps both parties happy.
Exactly. Flat crystals have been around for a very long time so nothing trend setting there. Domed crystals add richness and depth.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Domed crystals do three things flat crystal don't: distort the dial, add unnecessary thickness to the watch, and drive up the price. No thanks..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Domed crystals do three things flat crystal don't: distort the dial, add unnecessary thickness to the watch, and drive up the price. No thanks..
You say that like it's a bad thing :)

Thick cases make a watch look "fat", not so much the dome of a crystal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.