WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the forum and to Lum-Tec. I'm not an owner -- yet. I will be soon. Just not sure what I what yet.

In any case, I've noticed that a letter is placed before the serial numbers. Does the letter signify a special year made? Does it mean another run was made?
(i.e. there's a watch with serial number A023/100, and then another run of the same model that could have a watch with serial number B023/100)?

--Joe

·
Registered
349 Posts
Brand new to the forum and to Lum-Tec. I'm not an owner -- yet. I will be soon. Just not sure what I what yet.

In any case, I've noticed that a letter is placed before the serial numbers. Does the letter signify a special year made? Does it mean another run was made?
(i.e. there's a watch with serial number A023/100, and then another run of the same model that could have a watch with serial number B023/100)?

--Joe
Welcome, Joe. Lum-Tec only produces the number they say so there's no more produced than the number stated. I have a B14 and it's one of a 100 (and I LOVE it). I *think* the letter refers to the model series. I'll bet the A you see is for a Bull. My B14 has a C prefix (presumably for the Combat series). Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome WarVet. I don't think it's by model. The Lum-Tec site shows pics of B16, M46 thru M51 all with serial numbers starting with "D"

Their M61 pic has an "E" serial number, and M26 has a "C"

Even their Bull A16H has a "C" serial number.

I'm sure someone will ilLUMinate us with the right answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts