WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sellita has been producing ETA 2824 clones for about a year now.
Folks in the Invicta Forum have reported winding stem problems since the movement was introduced.
But other brands including Breitling and Oris use the same movement. Any word on if similar experiences are being reported with other companies?
And, finally, there are several other mass market automatic Swiss movements currently on the market. Do you own one? And what's your experience. (I'm not talking about in-house manufacturered movements or corporate tweaked ETAs.)?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have heard the problem with the Invicta was in fact the fault of Invicta and it was because of their use of a particular case size. I don't remember which one it was. A very knowledable Invicta told me about the issue on the phone. So I don't have a record of it to fall back on. =( At any rate I was told this is why the other folks using it are not having this issue.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have heard about movements made by a company called Claro. The Edouard Louzieres offered in the photo competition has the Claro 888. Hanowa, Swiss Military, also use this movement for one of their diver watches.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
i have 3 broken SW200, one doesn't manually wind, another the date didn't change, and the last one just went dead after just 3 months of use [all 3 on invitas]

so based on my experience, i wont buy any invicta with sellita.
i have about 8 miyotas and they are the best.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
I have heard the problem with the Invicta was in fact the fault of Invicta and it was because of their use of a particular case size. I don't remember which one it was. A very knowledable Invicta told me about the issue on the phone. So I don't have a record of it to fall back on. =( At any rate I was told this is why the other folks using it are not having this issue.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

I heard the same thing.
Invictas idea of "drop shipping" is to just drop the movement in the case and ship the watch.
Others make sure it works first!!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I have owned 2 watches with the Sellita. The first one was the Invicta Tungsten tide. You could not screw the crown in without changing the date. I took it to my watchmaker and he could never find the right stem for it....I finally through another Forum sent it to a watchmaker in Oregon along with an ETA 2824-2 (purchased through a watch supply house) and he swapped the ETA for the Sellita. He even swapped out the Invicta signed rotor....In his opinion, he thought the watch was designed for the ETA 2824-2 and that the slight difference in size has caused the stem problems. My T Tide has functioned flawlessly since.

My second experience with Sellita was with a watch from Bathys. The watch ran for 10 minutes...stopped and never started again. In fact, you couldn't even wind the watch from the crown for the crown would not turn...Sent the watch back. However the owner of Bathys called (I was impressed) and asked what he could do to make it right. he had none left with an ETA so I traded for a quartz. It is a great everyday knock-around piece and has a look all its own.

I have stayed away from any watch with the Sellita since...In time, I'm sure,I'll give in.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I own a couple of watches with the SW200 and have not hand any problems to date. As with any of the newer movements, you keep you fingers crossed and hope for the best. It the watch is from Invicta and has the SW200, do the same and add a Rabbit foot or two.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 9937 with the Sellita that I've purchased awhile back, it's keeping great time (+5 secs a day) and still going strong.:thumbup1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts