WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a mystery here. This watch has been in my family since 1941. I was always told it was a Hamilton. My father gave it to my mother in 41'. I recently took it to a jeweler after noticing that there was no manufacturer name on the face or the back. He said he thought it was a Hamilton but didn't know for sure. Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this beautiful thing? Thank you so much for any and all help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I have seen one of these before and remember scouring the Hamilton catalogs for it without success. I'm pretty sure the case is custom made by a jeweler. I don't believe it came from the Hamilton factory even though it may utilize a Hamilton movement.

Some jewelers bought the cheapest Hamilton models and used the movements in their custom designs. Hamilton strongly discouraged this practice and considered such watches fakes or forgeries. That probably explains why there is no name on the dial.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.