·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Not my photo

My photos

Now THAT'S real CHEESE!

IMPRESSIONS

Invicta's Reserve Pro Diver is a step up from the Swiss Movement offerings (9937 et al) we've all come to know and love. It's also an upgrade on my beloved Swiss Made 2014 Pro Diver.

This particular watch, the Meteorite Dial Pro Diver (sans diamond bezel), is probably the nicest Invicta I've ever held. The fit and finish equals, and probably surpasses, my Sapphire Ghost (now departed so I can't do a side by side).

The Reserve Diver makes the "regular" Swiss Pro Diver series look like what they are: $200 to $400 timepieces. The improved quality on the Reserve is readily apparent in the case, the 3x cyclops, the lume, the hands, the bracelet, the clasp - just about every aspect of the watch.

I prefer the black packaging over the Yellow Cheese Brick, too.

GOOD STUFF

The face is incredibily easy to read. I love the new second hand and the lumed hour markers, which are ringed in black (to match the bezel) rather than the traditional Invicta silver. This makes the Meteorite at bit more tasteful and dressy.

Solid, chunky bracelet - as yet unsized - and very nice clasp. This watch is more of a jewelry piece than a tool.

3x cyclops kicks butt. Impressive caseback.

Meteorite dial is stunning. COSC papers right in the box.

BAD STUFF

Typical balky Invicta bezel. I've worn a notch in my right thumbnail trying to turn the thing. Ugh!

The case lugs are very angular, almost sharp. Particularly on the inside. Most high end (or higher end) watches have smoother finishing. I suspect this case is used throughout Invictas 44 mm dive line (that it's not just for the Reserve). It's okay, but not in the Omega league.

The rotor - while decorated - and movement look at bit cheesy. But I've been spoiled by Clerc and some other high end stuff.

VALUE FOR MONEY

My jury is still out on this. I like the watch, but I'm not convinced it's worth 1k. The premium, as far as I can tell, is simply for the meteorite dial. If this watch is typical of the rest of the Reserve Diver line, I would say you should have no hestitation to spend the $500-$700 to get one. It's that much better than the rest of the Pro Diver offerings.

That's all for now.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Thanks bos. Based on your initial review, perhaps the usual foodstuffs may not apply. This one seems to be a champagne and cavier pic opportunity.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love a good review, and wish more of us did this. I really like my 9937. But I have one problem with it that you wouldn't have with the Reserve. Someone sees it, asks about it(thinking its a Rolex), being a little disappointed and embarressed for you thinking its a fake, then relief when you assure them that its really not a fake. I don't think you would have that problem with the Reserve. It just has a real unique look.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@watchrob: i owned a 9937 and a 9938. loved 'em. I sold the 9937 because I owned a Rolex Tudor Submariner and the Invicta didn't get any wrist time because I'd always choose the Tudor. I sold my 9938 (TT Blue) because it looked too much like my favorite Rolex.

·
Registered
119 Posts
GREAT looking watch Boscoe!! Was so close in getting one! I am actually holding off for a gemstone bezel version with the meteorite dial! Enjoy that beauty!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Great watch and review. Looks like my man Boscoe is back in the fold!

I'm still missing that blinged out version though.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

More photos. In one you'll notice the "sharp" lug edge I mentioned. Detailing on the clasp is very nice.
This bracelet is a dickens to size!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great lookin watch Boscoe..........Welcome back to the dark side

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
CONGRATS BOSCOE! that's a beauty,I'm so glad you are happy with your no bling pro diver.I've got the brown dial ss reserve and just love it,but you can't beat the metoerite dial.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do all of the Invicta logo clasps have that amount of gap? I recently picked up a:

The clasp also has some amount of gap in it... I wish it didn't and even ordered a replacement buckle for it... which had the same issue. So I'm wondering, is this just how those clasps look?

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
You do realise that this thread is over 13 yrs old? That said, Invicta's 'quality control' is somewhat suspect at the best of times. Please tell me you didn't spend $5500 on an Invicta? There are so many better quality watches out there for that kind of $$$.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You do realise that this thread is over 13 yrs old? That said, Invicta's 'quality control' is somewhat suspect at the best of times. Please tell me you didn't spend $5500 on an Invicta? There are so many better quality watches out there for that kind of $$$.
Did not spend 5K, but still spent enough that the clasp gap bothers me =/ In terms of better quality while keeping in that price range I haven't found anything close in terms of an automatic chrono with natural gemstones in the bezel. So for me it's still more or less worth it, and at the end of the day the only person who's really going to see the clasp gap is me 😐

1 - 19 of 19 Posts