1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to fit the band.

My cat came to inspect.

Wrist shot.

I can now cross a power reserve off my list of desired complications. The look of the watch is inspired by vintage motorcycles, and I think they were quite successful in working that in. I like the bolt head crown. The face has good depth and complexity without it being too cluttered for my taste. I like the way they painted the numbers on the inside of the crystal. It has an in house movement like all Orients. It's fairly large at 44m wide, and it's heavy. The clasp is simple and short, without that second fold over clip. As a result it doesn't have many notches for finer size adjustments like my Citizens and Seikos. As a result I had to pick between slightly tight and loose fitting. I can't stand loose fitting watches sliding around on my wrist so I went with a little tight. As a result of that and the weight I usually pick it out for occasions where I won't be wearing it all day long. That's my only complaint. It's been complimented by friends and strangers more in the short time I've owned it than all my other watches combined. Attention from strangers isn't my goal when I pick out a watch, but who doesn't like compliments? At about $430 I think this watch was an absolute steal. Bravo to Orient.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, this line comes in a few other face colors and design variations. This specific design also comes in a sort of beige, peach-ish color, black, and orange. I personally like the blue face the best by far, which is fortunate since for reasons unknown the other colors were significantly more expensive. Over a $100 more for any of the other colors, no other difference. Lucky me I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.