WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been much too quiet around here lately. Figured someone had to purchase another watch so we could liven things up a bit. If you have been watching The Bay for Accuquartz listings perhaps you saw this N3 Accuquartz watch. It attracted my attention because it just looked different. I really don't care that much for EP cases unless they are pristine. This one is not pristine, shows signs of wear but is OK. The finish on the top of the Kestenmade band is decent but is a little eroded on the underside. The band is detached for thorough cleaning. When I unpacked the watch I was amazed at how large the case really is. One pic shows it next to my '77 NOS Chrysler presentation 219. Notice the width of the case back locking ring. Anyone seen this case before? Like some others, don't think I would have bought this watch new but it does make an unusual collector piece. This makes 6.5 Accuquartz watches in my collection.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I would never have guessed that watch was that big without seeing it next to the other one. I don't remember seeing one like it before. I have 3 Accuquartz watches and they are amazingly accurate and have been totally trouble free.

OK, you're gonna have to explain the 1/2 Accuquartz !

10-4 on it being too quiet around here lately but I shot my budget on gold
Accutrons so the only thing I've bought is up in the Asian forum.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, you're gonna have to explain the 1/2 Accuquartz !
:lol: Remember my Accuquartz "Twins"? One has a quartz converted movement. :cool1:

Yeah, I shouldn't have gone for this one just now but got carried away. I don't think it's a particularly attractive watch but it is unusual. Maybe Sam2 can give us some info about the watch. I have found a NOS dial, too. The dial on the watch is in pretty good condition but does have a small spot or two. Will probably just leave it like it is. Shows the "character" of the old girl.

Hope to have my second SS 23J Auto by the end of the week.

·
Registered
116 Posts
10-4 on it being too quiet around here lately but I shot my budget on gold
Accutrons so the only thing I've bought is up in the Asian forum.
I thought it was my fault for starting a couple of threads discussing non Accutron Bulovas :blushing: I feel much better now.:wink:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it was my fault for starting a couple of threads discussing non Accutron Bulovas :blushing: I feel much better now.:wink:
Please, don't tempt me with too many non-Accutron Bulova watches! :001_tt1:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Look at this for a size comparison:

I think because of the angle of the camera, the 23J actually looks a little larger alongside the Accuquartz than it really is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts