WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new watch and have come across Invicta from various sources. I've only ever had Fossil watches and was curious what everyone thought the quality differences were.

My other question is if anyone has bought anything from Chronoshark/Invictashark and what their experience was...

Any first time Invicta watch recommendations if I'm looking for a diver style watch?

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You can never go wrong with a pro diver model. There are so many to choose from it really depends upon how much your willing to spend. If you wanna spend under 100 dollars you can get the 8926OBV3 which features a brand new Seiko NH35A movement. If you have a little extra money to spend I would highly recommend the 9937 featuring the Sellita SW200 movement , and solid endlinks. Sorry, but won't comment on the shark. They are not a forum sponsor and would recommend you take a look at the discount watch store which is a sponsor.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!! You can never go wrong with a pro diver model. There are so many to choose from it really depends upon how much your willing to spend. If you wanna spend under 100 dollars you can get the 8926OBV3 which features a brand new Seiko NH35A movement. If you have a little extra money to spend I would highly recommend the 9937 featuring the Sellita SW200 movement , and solid endlinks. Sorry, but won't comment on the shark. They are not a forum sponsor and would recommend you take a look at the discount watch store which is a sponsor.

I've searched "8926OBV3" and "Invicta 8926OBV3" to no avail...

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Sorry its brand new and maybe they aren't even calling it that. Look for the 8926OB or just the 8926. The OB refers to old bezel. (Coin edge) This watch has had three different movements over the years. All are good solid accurate workhorses but the newest one features the Seiko TMI NH35A movement. It hacks and can be hand wound. I'm really excited about this movement. If the vendor doesn't specify the movement then contact them directly to find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry its brand new and maybe they aren't even calling it that. Look for the 8926OB or just the 8926. The OB refers to old bezel. (Coin edge) This watch has had three different movements over the years. All are good solid accurate workhorses but the newest one features the Seiko TMI NH35A movement. It hacks and can be hand wound. I'm really excited about this movement. If the vendor doesn't specify the movement then contact them directly to find out.

What is "hacking" exactly? Assuming mods for your watch?

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Hacking is when you pull out the crown all the way, as if to set the time, and the second hand freezes where it is. It doesn't sound like much does it but alot of people find this function desirable because they can be super accurate when setting (or syncing it with say an atomic clock to test the watches accuracy) the time on their watch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hacking is when you pull out the crown all the way, as if to set the time, and the second hand freezes where it is. It doesn't sound like much does it but alot of people find this function desirable because they can be super accurate when setting (or syncing it with say an atomic clock to test the watches accuracy) the time on their watch.

Now that's interesting! Thank you for explaining that to me. What are your thoughts on this watch:

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Sorry I had to delete the non-sponsor link, but I did check it out prior to deleting it. I like the titanium pro diver. Its middle of the range at 45mm which is right in my sweet spot. It features the NH25A movement which is a solid movement but since they feature models now with the NH35A I'm leaning towards the later. If the titanium appeals to you I say get it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm gonna send you a PM to a link about the Invicta 0420 watch, IMO, is a heck of a classic-style diver watch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts