WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hi,

Be very carefull buying on-line as some of these watches will be sold by grey dealers,that is a NON authorised Omega dealer.

What this means to you is that there is no worldwide factory warranty.

I think your much better to buy from an authorised dealer as most times the price difference is negligable and your sanity is preserved.

One of the members here,Seanpiper,would be worth speaking to (PM) as he works for Watches of Switzerland (an off shoot of the Melbourne based Co.) here in Brisbane.

Unfortunately our forum sponsors are mostly US based but could be worth an email.What model were you interested in?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, be very careful in purchasing anything online. Also, remember that fake Omega's are sold as well and some people make good ones that to the untrained eye would go unnoticed. Good luck and buy from an AD

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, I spent a few hundred $ more to ensure it was authentic and not "gray market" or whatever. I got a good price, but I saw some better prices online.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Yeohkt:

Have you tried any ADs in your area? If you go to http://www.omega.ch, you can find ADs in your area. Start with them. Why? For one, you can be guaranteed the watches are authentic. And you can also find out the prices and compare them to the sources you have online.

As for me, I would highly recommend using an AD, to guarantee authenticity; but, that is just my opinion. Certainly others here have purchased from a grey dealer as well.

Just remember the golden rule, purchase the dealer and not the watch.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Mr Yeah

Warm greetings, Christmas wishes and welcome to WTF and OMEGALand.

I sent you a PM yesterday with some suggestions. Hope they help.

Hope too that you can join us in out daily talk and fun here :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
You must have plenty of Omega AD's in Melbourne, surely? Can't be as bad as here - I had to travel almost the length of the country to buy my Breitling from an AD, just to make sure everything was 'legit'. There are Omega dealers here (I think), and all those pics of Seamasters are making my spending finger mighty itchy.....:biggrin: Must..... resist..... temptation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys !

will contact the AD here this week . Happy New Year to ALL from Melbourne Australia

KT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts