WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:biggrin:The other day i stumbled onto this site while doing a search for illinois watch collector/repair. I must say i'm very impressed by the fact that there are so many Illinois collectors out there. I see FJF is out here - way to go Fred for keeping the Illy collecting alive i salute your efforts and stamina and appreciate the fact that you remain a market maker out here. To all other illy collectors hello! I started collecting Illnois and Hamiltons in the mid 90's and basically stopped until i opened up my safe the other day and realized my collection could use some fixing. I hope I can remember my password and contribute to the site from time to time. I could use a recommendation for a good american watchmaker to help w/ some work. Hello to all! My name is Guy and anything i can do to help the cause please shoot me a note. thanks!!!!http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/images/smilies/1/biggrin.gif

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
Hi Guy and welcome. Great to have you onboard!

MEMO TO CUSTODIAN: Have that front doorstep repaired.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
:biggrin:The other day i stumbled onto this site while doing a search for illinois watch collector/repair. I must say i'm very impressed by the fact that there are so many Illinois collectors out there. I see FJF is out here - way to go Fred for keeping the Illy collecting alive i salute your efforts and stamina and appreciate the fact that you remain a market maker out here. To all other illy collectors hello! I started collecting Illnois and Hamiltons in the mid 90's and basically stopped until i opened up my safe the other day and realized my collection could use some fixing. I hope I can remember my password and contribute to the site from time to time. I could use a recommendation for a good american watchmaker to help w/ some work. Hello to all! My name is Guy and anything i can do to help the cause please shoot me a note. thanks!!!!http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/images/smilies/1/biggrin.gif
Hey "off duty!"

I hope your name is a reference to this:

Yes Fred is a WONDERFUL man and stops by here when he can...
There are some of the best Illinois guys/gals on the planet
here. Feel free to post Illinois anytime.

G

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Fred is indeed the man in Illy world, so happy he didn't give it all up after the book. I recognize that watch...think i may have a few of those. I'll post some pics in the coming months as i continue to pull stuff out of the safe to work on, phot, sell and trade.

best,
Guy

Hey "off duty!"

I hope your name is a reference to this:

Yes Fred is a WONDERFUL man and stops by here when he can...
There are some of the best Illinois guys/gals on the planet
here. Feel free to post Illinois anytime.

G

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Guy

Welcome to then WTF. I am still a newbie here myself. Appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Nice to have another Illinois friend on board.

Thanks
FJF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts