WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
....There are a lot, a lot in fact made in Russia for the American market too....
Needless to say, those are the ones that say MADE IN RUSSIA at the bottom of the dial instead of сделано в ссср or сделано в руссиа

Don't forget to check the back of the case as well- that should also be totally in the Cyrillic alphabet.

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
...Comethunter,...So the watches with made in Russia on the face are made for over seas market.
Yes

Will they have english on the casing as well?
Not always. I've had a couple Amfibias (low quality entry-level automatic movement watches that were being sold for $40 NIB) where the dial was in English and the caseback was in Russian!

The watches made for the Russian market will have the cyrillic writing on the face and case?
Yes.

Newby questions just trying to get it clear in my mind.
No problem- this is how we learn. Thank you for caring enough to take the time to ask!

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
TTraveler- that's definitely a cool-looking piece. Thanks for showing it to us! :thumbup1:

We've said it here more often than I can remember: simply because you like it is a GREAT reason to buy a given watch. I've got about a dozen watches that'll never be worth anything, but gosh darn it all, I like the way they look!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.