WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just stopped this morning at 8:45am California time. The movement inside says:

Omega Watch co Swiss 1002. I have been calling around this morning and the guy at .Magnums located in New York says it is valued at $10,000 USD without the Gold the Gold Bracelet and that it would be $500-600 USD to repair. I had no idea it was worth that much. Is it really?

Couple of quik Questions.

1. Can anyone suggest a repair shop?

2. The Bezel is plastic and the GOld Colored round piece that secures it is not gold. My father said he had sent it out to a local repair shop who sent it to another repair shop and he never noticed if the origional was Crystal and if the surround was actual gold. Should this piece be Gold or Gold colored and should it be Crystal or Plastic?

3. Can anyone help me date the watch with the information I have given above?

4. Lastly, it does have 2ea. Gold Stamps in the back outside of the watch and also on the side of the case. Inside the case it has a serial number. Is it ok to post Serial number or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$10,000?!?!?! How did they come up with THAT amount?
Initially I thought I hit the lotto! But then after thinking about it, the guy at magnums said it was worth $10,000.00 only after telling me it would cost $500-600 to Repair! I started thinking that he just said that so I wouldn't mind paying the high$$ for the repairs...? But, I'm not exactly sure why he said that. The most I could find on value was like $3000 on the high side and more likr $2500...? I hope to gain focus soon...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.