WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I should have not done this but last week I bought a Stuhrling Sportsman 'Raven Diablo' Automatic Watch. I figured that it had a Japanese movement (Miyota I would assume) and it should be OK. The postman just brought the package, I opened it and gave the watch a few side to side movements to get it up and running and to my surprize the seconds hand moves backwards. I could figure out if the hands fell off but backwards? Of course I will work to get this transaction resolved but my question is: HOW CAN WATCH HANDS MOVE BACKWARDS? Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Does it have this character on the dial?

:lol:

...a friend of mine actually had a Wrong Way Peachfuzz watch when we were kids, and it really did run backwards - couldn't find a picture of one on the web though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
On second thought, have you read the model name carefully? Maybe it really says Sportsbar... could be a very small bar clock! :lol:

...sorry, I couldn't resist!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Had a Croton with a miyota movement that did the same thing Something to do with the pallet wheel I was told. A simple fix for a watch repair person

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Contact your nearest astro-physicist. You may have a black hole developing in your basement or attic.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Oh come on, am I the only one here that watched Bullwinkle? No one remembers Peter (wrong way) Peachfuzz?

...Dang, I'm feeling old :crying:

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
OK, I should have not done this but last week I bought a Stuhrling Sportsman 'Raven Diablo' Automatic Watch. I figured that it had a Japanese movement (Miyota I would assume) and it should be OK. The postman just brought the package, I opened it and gave the watch a few side to side movements to get it up and running and to my surprize the seconds hand moves backwards. I could figure out if the hands fell off but backwards? Of course I will work to get this transaction resolved but my question is: HOW CAN WATCH HANDS MOVE BACKWARDS? Thanks.
You got to post a video I never see this. I see the bar one.

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Oh come on, am I the only one here that watched Bullwinkle? No one remembers Peter (wrong way) Peachfuzz?

...Dang, I'm feeling old :crying:
Sorry there, Cliff! I watched a LOT of Rocky and Bullwinkle back in the day but don't recall the Captain. In fact, had to Google his image. Still doesn't ring any bells. I think I'm older than you, so my brain cells are deteriorating at a more accelerated rate. :blink:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this post is 667 and my previous post that started this thread was 666. i had to make post 666 devilish. i did not buy a watch called diablo nor does it run backward--nor for that matter did i play stairway to heaven while examining the satan watch. i must admit that one would have to be possessed to buy a sturhling.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pratt, I was just thinking how little sympathy there was for your plight amongst our learned members:001_unsure:. Sucked me in you plonker!!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brian--i think the posters knew i was pulling something as i doubt hands could move backwards

paul--you are correct. bummer there are few bizzaro you-tube videos involving watches--the ones i have seen involve shooting a fake rolex. i just did a two page search at youtube and nothing came up. bummer.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sorry there, Cliff! I watched a LOT of Rocky and Bullwinkle back in the day but don't recall the Captain. In fact, had to Google his image. Still doesn't ring any bells. I think I'm older than you, so my brain cells are deteriorating at a more accelerated rate. :blink:
In all fairness, I didn't just watch Bullwinkle, I was obsessed with it!! And Beanie & Cecil, of course - one of my boats was named the "Leaking Lena" I just love the pun based humor of those old classics. I couldn't reasonably expect too many people to remember such an obscure character as Wrongway Peachfuzz - I guess it's just how my head is wired.
:blush:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts