WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to watch forum .after see the forum and some of the info on the website I decided to becoming a member and hope to learn something about watches has this is new to me.

I am looking to by a Rolex submariner with date and green dial
New can anyone tell me where the best place to buy from and if any discount
Can be gained from any country
Thank you John

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
Welcome John. Its my opinion that if you are truly interested in purchasing a legitimate Rolex submariner that you should consider purchasing from an authorized vendor and spend the little extra for their knowledge / skill in ensuring you buy an authentic Rolex.

·
Super Moderator
15,382 Posts
Welcome, John.
You should buy only from an Authorized Rolex Dealer. While it may be true that Gray Market Rolexes will save you a few dollars. buying from an AD is worth the money. Why? Warranty service!
There's nothing "magical" about a Rolex. It can have flaws just like any other man-made product, or accidents may happen to it. And you will need an AD to service your watch in order to keep the Rolex warranty honored. Too many owners find out that seemingly innocent alterations will affect your watch's warranty. Just 3 examples of what I mean are:
* Changing your own watchband

* Using non-Rolex Spring barsmodel

* Replacing a rotating bezel with a non-Rolex manufactured

ANYTHING AT ALL that is done to your watch and is not done by the Rolex factory or a Rolex AD renders your watch's warranty null-and-void. It even gives Rolex the non-expiring legal authority to declare your watch as being a counterfeit, and that allows them to refuse to honor warranty repair work! (Yes, there are cases on the books where this has happened already!)

So shop around for the best prices in Canada or internationally. But please make sure your seller is an Official Rolex Authorized Dealer.

Reactions: mikeyt_53
1 - 3 of 3 Posts