WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking thru the new Chronolog last night, I noticed there is a new Cockpit. Breitling has introduced a stainless steel & rose gold model. Keeping in what seems to be a new tradition, the rose gold two tones has the solid gold bezel, while the yellow gold version is a stainless steel bezel with gold rider tabs. They also had added a raised gold highlight box around the date window.

The ladies Cockpit already has the rose gold & stainless model, so this addition compliments that model this year.

Personally, I really like the look of the rose gold & stainless steel Cockpit. I think Breitling does one of the best jobs in the rose gold formula. It's very warm & soft, no harshness or coppery look to it. Very subtle. :thumbup1:

Here's the new rose gold & stainless Cockpit - you be the judge...

·
Registered
156 Posts
freakin gorgeous I priced it with TT bracelet 8800.00 ugh too much! so i thought about 782 model with TT bracelet is about 6000 OR this model with S?S bracelt, only too many options...best looking watch they make, though

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Todd,

What country are you in? Is that 8800 USD's? The '08 pricelist has the SS & Rose Gold case on a TT bracelet Cockpit at $6,835. Granted not a cheap watch, but far less than the $8,800 price. The SS version is $4,200 on SS bracelet.

I agree, this is a stunning watch!!!!! And given Breitlings tend to lose some luster in stock photos, the in-person appearance must be :drool: The best chrono TT version IMO is the big brother of this one, the Chronomat Evo in SS & rose gold. Also with a solid rose gold bezel.

I'm a big fan of the solid gold bezel on TT's. I don't like how Breitling does a steel bezel with gold rider tabs on the yellow TT models.

Were I to get one, I'd get the exact one in the top picture. rose TT with silver dial.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :001_tt1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Scott,

I'm not normally a TT fan but this truly is stunning.

I can't wait to see this in the flesh and pick up a copy of latest Chronolog when I visit my AD very soon.

If only the $6835 was reflected in the UK at the current exchange rate it would be about £3400. However, I can't help thinking we'll get stitched up here as usual and it will be closer to £4400.:sad:

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the UKers geting hosed on the pound price is a pretty safe bet... :sad:

Yea, you gotta see the Breitling rose gold formula in person. It's probably the softest I've ever seen. Almost a perfect color IMO. Something softer than the harsher yellow gold, but not coppery. :thumbup:

I don't think the AD's here have the rose version yet.. Let me know if they do ther. I'd be curious to know. :001_cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
OH MY! sorry about that! yes 6800 NOT 8800 typo too much stoli last night was kinda excited also saw some cleavage at the jewelry store..

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Wow! Normally I would have to say I really don't like 'Bling' but this is just class.... top quality without being completely over the top (sorry, I just don't get all those diamonds on the bezel of some watches - each to his own). Sorry, cut the rambling - I love that watch, exactly as pictured.:001_tt1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree Muttley!! If I was to get one, it would be that exact config. Silver dial, rose gold two-toned...

I normally agree with you on the diamonds, but there are a few Breitlings I wouldn't mind having with the diamond bezel. The slate Evo in SS is one.... That looks stunning with diamonds in person... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried this one on today with the rose golden colored dial and WOW doesn't begin to say it. They had the silver dial version, but it was the yellow gold & stainless model. While the rose golden dial was nice, the silver is absolutely stunning....

I gotta say, I was very impressed with this model. Enough I'd consider selling something to maybe get one. VERY nice wrist presence, the polished surface & rose gold a perfect combo of subtle bling & not over the top at all. I was very impressed.

Todd,
Can't wait to see the pictures of yours!! That'll be a great Christmas present for yourself!!!

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Do it... do it.... do it.... do it.... do it..... (muttley mind control).

:drool:

I tried this one on today with the rose golden colored dial and WOW doesn't begin to say it. They had the silver dial version, but it was the yellow gold & stainless model. While the rose golden dial was nice, the silver is absolutely stunning....

I gotta say, I was very impressed with this model. Enough I'd consider selling something to maybe get one. VERY nice wrist presence, the polished surface & rose gold a perfect combo of subtle bling & not over the top at all. I was very impressed.

Todd,
Can't wait to see the pictures of yours!! That'll be a great Christmas present for yourself!!!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do it... do it.... do it.... do it.... do it..... (muttley mind control).

:drool:
Yea - like I need any outside influences to force me to buy watches.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But at least now I can tell the wife "It's not my fault - it was the Muttley Mind Control!" :thumbup1: :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts