WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

First post here as I've just joined Watch Talk Forum. Long time member of Watchuseek forum and avid Steinhart customer. Have been looking to expand the collection a bit and have always been curious about LUM-TEC. In looking through the current product offering I noticed that they seem to offer more Japanese and quartz movements than the Swiss movements I currently own. Would appreciate it if you guys could offer some general feedback about the company and specifically feedback around the Japanese movements they offer. How do they compare to Swiss movements and should I be hesitant to spend upwards of $900 USD on one?

My collection currently includes the following Swiss movements which I have been very happy with.

ETA 2824-2
ETA 2893-2
Unitas 6497
Unitas 6498

Thanks in advance guys.

SJL

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
The Japanese movements that Lum-Tec is currently using are just as accurate as the equivalent ETA 2824-2 3 hand Swiss movement. They hack just like a 2824, and have relatively the same number of beats per hour. Chris the owner of the Lum-Tec has indicated he likes them for the ease in which they can be maintained in comparison to the Swiss movement.

You are going to start seeing a lot more of these movements since ETA is refusing to sell theirs outside the Swatch brands, so no I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Lum-Tec with one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are several current models available with ETA movements and as most would say customer service is second to none.
Dan
From my own personal experience, you are buying more than just a case and a movement. The company and its owner Chris Wiegand stand behind its products and without sounding like a broken record has unrivaled customer service. I have purchased other brands with similar movements and one I had to send to Hong Kong and the other to New Zealand for warranty work. The cost both ways would have been cheaper if I had just gone to my local dealer and had it repaired. The movements are ubiquitous so any local watch repair shop can handle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.